Tax Compliance in Kenya
A tax compliance, otherwise known as a Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by KRA, as proof of having filed and paid all your taxes.
KRA issues the following Tax Compliance Certificates upon application:
- Tax Compliance Certificates for Taxpayers seeking tenders with Government Ministries and Institutions.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to employees leaving service nor seeking new job opportunities.
- Tax Compliance Certificates for taxpayers seeking liquor Licenses.
- Tax Compliance Certificates to Clearing and Forwarding Agents.
Tax Compliance Validity – Tax Compliance in Kenya
Tax Compliance Certificates are valid for twelve months only.
Application for Tax Compliance Certificate should be lodged 7 days prior to expiry of the previous one.
Application for a TCC is done through iTax platform and the certificate is sent to applicants’ email address.
Applying for a Compliance Certificate
Taxpayers seeking Tax Compliance Certificate must be compliant in:
- Filing of tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable tax obligations.
- Payment of tax on or before the due date.
- Clearance of all outstanding tax debt.
How to Apply for a Tax Compliance Certificate
Would you like to get a Tax Compliance Certificate?
Watch our tutorial on how to apply for it and visit iTax to make the application.Visit iTax