The M-Shwari 52 Week Challenge
This is a saving program that aims at cultivating a saving culture among Kenyans through the easy to use M-Shwari service. The aim is to reach the achievable amount of KSHs.68,900 by spreading it throughout the year. This makes it easier for you as the saving amount increases gradually.
How it works
Starting week 1 of 2019, deposit your savings on M-Shwari starting with KSHs.50, then KSHs.100 the next week, KSHs.150 the week after that and so on and so forth, until the last week of December where you will save KSHs.2,600, and your savings will add up to KSHs.68,900.
M-Shwari ensures the saved amount is safe and easy to deposit. The weekly savings also lead to your loan limit increasing and all deposits on M-Shwari will earn interest of 6% p.a.
How to set up M-Shwari Lock Savings Account for the #52Week Savings Head Start
- Go to M-PESA on MySafaricom App or from your sim tool kit
- Select Loans and Savings.
- Select M-Shwari.
- Select Lock Savings Account.
- Select Open Lock Account.
- Set your target at min Ksh. 68,900 or more.
- Set period at 12 months (The enhancement has been done from 6-12months).
- Set your account to save from M PESA or M-Shwari.
Every week, all you have to do is go to the M-Shwari Lock Savings Account menu, and deposit the amount that is set for the week, as per the #52Week Savings saving calendar.
To check your saved amount
- Go to ‘M-PESA’ menu and select ‘Loans and Savings’.
- Select ‘M-Shwari’.
- Select ‘Check Balance’.
- Enter M-PESA PIN
- Confirm the message displayed
Click here to download the savings program. You may print it out so as to ensure you are on track.Was this information helpful?