for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Savory Spice Blend
- 14 ½ oz canned whole tomatoes, 1 can (410 g)
- ¼ cup dry white wine (60 mL)
- 3 bay leaves
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 oz white fish fillet, such as cod, halibut, or sea bass, skin removed (680 g)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced(10 g)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon of Savory spice blend and cook until fragrant, stirring often and ensuring the garlic does not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and their juices, crushing well with your hands, then add the wine and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with the remaining teaspoon of Savory spice blend, salt, and pepper and place in the skillet. Cover and cook at a bare simmer until the fish is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5–7 minutes (thicker pieces will take longer to cook).
- Gently transfer the fish to shallow bowls and spoon the poaching liquid over. Top with basil.