- To apply for the passport you must appear personally.
- If the applicant is not present , then he/she should give a letter of attorney approved by the Rwandan embassy in the country of residence to the person who will submit the application on his/her behalf
- Fill the application form in capital letters.
- Submit application form along with all the required documents.
- Pay the passport fee.
- Filled in application form
- Application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration
- Receipt of 50,000Rwf paid from RRA
- Copies of valid documents used in the country of residence (resident permit, consular card, identity card, passport, etc)
- One recently taken clear coloured passport size photo with white background
- If the applicant is not present , then should give a letter of attorney approved by the Rwandan embassy in the country of residence to someone who will submit the application on his/her behalf
Office Locations & Contacts
Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration
P.O. Box 6229, Kigali
Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / +250 78 889 9971
Fax +250 0252585292
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com |firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries Form: https://www.migration.gov.rw/contact-us/general-inquiries/
FOR ORDINARY PASSPORT OF RWANDAN RESIDENTS
- UMULISA Marie Rose:
Mobile phone: 07 88 80 96 07 or 0788152222,
E-mail : email@example.com
ORDINARY PASSPORT FOR MEMBERS OF RWANDAN DIASPORA
Mobile phone: 07 88 50 34 27 or 0788152222,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN A CLIENT IS NOT OFFERED SERVICE IN DUE TIME, HE/SHE MAY CONTACT
The Director of Citizen Services Mr. RUSANGANWA Damascne on:
Mobile phone : 07 88 51 39 09,
- Citizens of Rwanda
- Passport Fee: 50,000Rwf
MUKOMERE Nitwa kwizera jean marie nkabantuye muri kenya naje murwanda ginduza passport ariko kubera impanvuza ntunguye ngenda ntayitwaye ari NARINASABYEKO YAKOHEREZWA KURI AMBASADE YU RWANDA MURI KENYA NONE BAMBWIYEKO ITARAAGERA KANDI HASHIZE IGHE 3WEEKS NONE MWAMBWIRA IGIHE YAZABONEKERA Name;kwizera jean marie Passport no pc 093065
Documents to Use
- Download Ordinary Passport Form: https://www.migration.gov.rw/fileadmin/templates/PDF_files/forms/ordinary_passport_form.pdf
Ordinary passport is issued within 5 working days, the day of application submission is not taken into account.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.
Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder’s return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
- Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration: https://www.migration.gov.rw/services/passport/ordinary-passport/