Identification Card in Kenya
I.First time applicants and holders of 1st generation identity card
- Duly filled form Reg.136A (availed at the Embassy)
- Copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant.
- Copy of Valid Kenyan passport of the applicant.
- Copy of Kenyan passport and/or Identity Card of either parent of the applicant.
Application of initial IDs are done at the National Registration Bureau offices countrywide – usually located within County Comissioner’s offices or Chiefs camp. At the National Registration Bureau office, you will fill a form detailing your bio data after which your finger prints and passport photograph shall be taken.
Requirements; Identification Card in Kenya
•Above 18 years
Requirements for proof of age, names and place of birth;
• Religious Certificates
• School leaving Certificates
•Age assessment certificate from a medical officer of health.
•Child health card
•Notification of birth
•Letter of administrative officer-Chief/Assistant Chief
•Sworn Affidavits for late registration
• Proof in support of citizenship.
• Parents ID card for Kenyans by birth
• Certificate of registration as a Kenyan citizen (Kenyan by registration or naturalization)
Persons who qualify for this service are Kenyan citizens who have never been issued with an Identity Card. A waiting card is issued to the applicant upon successful application and shall be surrendered when collecting the processed ID card
For more information call Huduma Contact Centre: +254 (020) 6900020
Or visit nearest Huduma Centre
Or Contact:National Registration Bureau
NSSF Building, Block B 8th Floor
P.O Box 57007, 00200 Nairobi.
Tel: +254-20-2722526, +254-20-2720069
Fax number; 2716205