This is a service provided to parents who marry after the birth of their child and they want the name of the father inserted in the register of birth. To do this, the both parents need to fill application for re-registration form and sworn jointly by them. Both parents must be physically present when applying for re-registration Birth Re-Registration
1. Parents Identification cards/ entry permit/ passport
2. Birth certificates without the father’s name
3. Marriage certificate/ joint affidavit by both parents (LO2)
Persons who qualify for this service include:
1. Parents who marry after birth of a child
|Cost:||Birth certificate with amendments on either parents or child’s names- Ksh 100|
New birth certificate with amendments on the fathers names- Ksh 100
The department of civil registration operates under the Births and Deaths Registration Act, which is Chapter 149 of the laws of Kenya. This chapter was enacted on 9 th June 1928, to provide for the notification and registration of births and deaths and other matters incidental thereon.
It is within this mandate to:
- Register births and deaths events immediately they occur.
- Register births and deaths events after the legally stipulated period(late registration)
- Register births and deaths events of Kenyans abroad(foreign registration)
- Re-registration of a birth of a child upon legitimacy or recognition.
- Issuance of certificates of records held by the registrar (birth certificate and death certificates)
- Preservation and management of records.
- Compilation and presentation of births and deaths vital statistics.
For more information call Huduma Contact Centre: +254 (020) 6900020
Or visit nearest Huduma Centre
Or Contact:Department of Civil Registration
Hass Plaza 4th Floor, Lower Hill Road,
P.O Box 49179- 00100 Nairobi