The pre-approved transit visa is a single-entry visa valid for a maximum period of 96 hours only. Entry into Qatar with the approved visa must be within 30 days from the date of issuance. … All other expenses including accommodation costs in Qatar if any, must be borne by the passenger.
- To apply for a transit visa, you will need to contact your local Qatari embassy (see contact info below).
- Embassy workers and other authorized persons may apply online for transit visas on behalf of the applicant through Hukoomi.
- To apply online:
- Visit Ministry of Interior website – Link
- Choose visa type and nationality.
- Fill out the required information such as: name, date and place of birth and passport data.
- Check the information you have provided and press “Confirm ” to issue transit visa.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Doha – Qatar
Tel : +974-40111111
Travelers who plan to stop over in Qatar to reach a third destination
Transit visa: 100 Riyal
The Transit Visa is valid for 24 hours, which allows the holder to travel outside the airport within Qatar during that period.
The Consular Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs receive visa applications from various Qatari embassies and consulates for various cases, especially those that the e-Visa System existing in the missions do not process. Then, the Department secures approvals for the issuance of such visas.
Need for the Document
You will need to apply for a Transit Visa ahead of time if you are planning to stop over in Qatar to reach a third destination. Following is a procedure on how you can apply for one.