To access the internet on your internet-capable mobile phone MTN Uganda Internet settings , it must first be configured with the appropriate internet settings.
MTN Uganda is the largest telecom company in Uganda, with 11.2 million subscribers, accounting for 55 percent market share, as of 30 June 2017. By 31 December 2019, its customer base had increased to 12.6 million customers
Settings You may update internet settings automatically or manually:
Automatic setup Follow these simple steps to get connected:
- 1. Dial *160*10#.
- 2. You will then receive the internet settings for your phone.
- 3. Accept the settings and save them as ‘Default’.
To setup the phone manually, insert the details below:
|APN (Access Point Name)||internet|
- Dial *160*10#.
- You will then receive the internetsettings for your phone.
- Accept the settings and save them as ‘Default’
MTN Uganda Internet How do I get MTN Internet settings?To check that you have the right Proxy settings on your Smartphones, kindly follow the steps below;
- Go to Settings.
- Click More Network or Mobile Network.
- Click Access Point Name.
- Click MTN GPRS or MTN WEB.
- Remove the Proxy IP address: 10.199. 212.2.
- Remove the Port setting: 8080.
- Then save and browse again.