MTN has partnered with Mastercard to offer customers the ability to make online payments using a virtual card – MTN MoMocard.
The payments are made from the customer’s MTN MoMo account.
Simply dial *165*70# and select option 1 (Create MTN MoMocard). You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN.
The MTN MoMocard details are sent to the customer via SMS message.
It costs UGX 1,000 to create the MTN MoMocard.
#1. What is the MTN MomoCard?
- The MTN MomoCard is a virtual card that can be created by any MTN Mobile Money registered customer.
- The MTN MomoCard is directly linked to your MTN Mobile Money Account
Forget about your physical cards, the MTN Momo card is electronic and available for any MTN users on any type of mobile device.
#2. Who can use this MTN MomoCard?
- An MTN Customer running an MTN Mobile Money account.
- If you want to open up an MTN Mobile Money account, check out our list of USSD Codes for MTN here.
#3. Where can you use the MTN MomoCard?
- The MTN MoMoCard can be used on any merchant platform that accepts Mastercard – locally and globally.
So if you are a frequent online shopper, traveler or business man, the MTN Momo Card should be a solution for you in your daily transactions.
#4. Benefits of the MTN Momo Card?
- With the MTN MomoCard, you can pay for all your goods and services online. These include but not limited too:
- Online shopping
- Travel bookings
- Hotel bookings
- Soft wares
These online transactions can be local or international, BUT they have to be able to accept payment through Mastercard.
#5. How to get the MTN MomoCard?
- This is very simple.
- Dial *165*70#
- Select Option 1 to create an MTN Momo Card
- You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN
- A 16-digit virtual card number together with a 3-digit security code (CVV) will be sent to your phone via SMS notification
- There you have your card
- To view your card number Dial *165*70# and select option 2
#6. How to make payments using the MTN MomoCard?
- Open the website or online platform where you want to make your payment
- Select the master card option in the payments list (Only Mastercard payments are enabled)
- Enter your MTN MomoCard number
- Enter the expiry date of the MTN MomoCard
- Enter the 3 Digit CVV number
- Enter any other required information and finally complete the transaction
#7. For how long can my MTN MomoCard last?
- An MTN MomoCard can last for ONLY 14 days, after which you can get a new MTN Momo Card by following the same prompts above.
- You can create only 1 card at a time. When that card expires or is depleted you can then create another.
#8. What are the MTN MomoCard charges and transaction limit?
- Every MTN Momo card you create costs UGX 1,000 and every payment using the MTN MoMocard will be charged 3% of the transaction amount.
- The transaction limit for an MTN Momo Card is upto UGX: 3,000,000 (Three million Uganda Shillings).
- All of these charges will be made on the customer’s MTN MoMo account
#9. What if you forget my MTN MoMocard details?
- Dial *165*70#
- Select Option 2.
- You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN and thereafter the MTN MoMocard details will be displayed.
#10. Can one cancel the MTN MoMocard?
- YES, you can cancel your MTN MoMocard.
- Dial *165*70#
- Select option 3 to cancel your card.
- You will be prompted to enter your MTN MoMo PIN to confirm this request.
#11. Can one withdraw cash using my MTN MoMocard?
- NO, you will not be able to withdraw cash using the MTN MoMocard. It can only be used to make online payments.
The MTN MoMocard is powered by United Bank for Africa, which facilitates the payment transactions online, both locally and internationally.