Tanzania (/ˌtænzəˈniːə/,[note 2] Swahili: [tanzaˈni.a]), officially the United Republic of Tanzania (Swahili: Jamhuri ya Muungano wa Tanzania), is a country in East Africa within the African Great Lakes region. It borders Uganda to the north; Kenya to the northeast; Comoro Islands at the Indian Ocean to the east; Mozambique and Malawi to the south; Zambia to the southwest; and Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west. Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, is in northeastern Tanzania. This is a list of newspapers in Tanzania List of Tanzanian newspapers for news and information on politics, sports, entertainments, tourism, jobs, education, lifestyles, and business. List of Tanzanian newspapers
Tanzanian newspapers and news sites
- CitizenLeading Tanzanian newspaper published by Mwananchi Communications Ltd (MCL).
- Daily NewsEnglish-language newspaper published in Tanzania owned by the Tanzanian government.
- Habari LeoTanzanian newspaper published by Daily News Media Group.
- MwananchiSwahili (or Kiswahili) language newspaper published in Tanzania.
- MwanaspotiEntertainment and sports newspaper based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- IPP MediaTanzanian leading Media conglomerates.
- Millard Ayo
- Bongo 5
- Global Publishers
- Dar 24
- MwanaHALISI Online
- Zanzibar 24
- Tanzania Today
- Zanzi News
- Zanzibar Leo
- Arusha TimesWeekly newspaper published in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation (TBC)– state-run
- Independent Television (ITV)
- Star TV
- Mjengwa Blog
- Zaima Media Network
- Mwana Halisi
- Focus Media
- Jeune Afrique
- Africa Travel Magazine Tanzania
- Fema magazineFormat: Quarterly, 64 page magazine written in Swahili and English
Distribution: Over 300 partners and more than 2,400 Secondary Schools
Target group: Young women and men aged 15 – 35, in secondary schools, workplaces and organizational setting. A strong secondary school profile endorsed by the ministry of education and vocational training
Reach: Across Tanzania with distribution in every district.
- Si Mchezo magazineFormat: Bi-monthly 32 page magazine.
Distribution: To about 600 partners
Target group: Out of school youth and their communities aged 15 – 35, with a rural focus.
Reach: Across Tanzania with distributers in every region.