The advancement of higher education in Libya and the upgrading of an international degree is the main objective of the Ministry, with the support of the ministry and the structure of the Libyan universities. The ministry is focusing on scientific missions and research for major universities to upgrade the efficiency of distinctive students to complete their studies.
Education and training will be at the core of Libya’s development which will entail focusing on the many Libyan universities and educational institutions. Did you know that women currently outnumber men at the country’s universities?
Misrata University is a university based in the city of Misrata, Libya and was formed in 2010. The language of instruction at the University of Misratah is Arabic and English. Degrees awarded by the University of Misrata are: 1. Bachelor’s degree in human and Islamic sciences and law 2. Bachelor’s degree in basic science.
Libyan International Medical University
The Libyan International Medical University is a private university established in Benghazi, Libya, with the purpose of teaching medicine. It is the first private medical university in Libya. The mission of the University is to graduate specialists who are highly qualified in different areas of health. These specialists will have the ability to deal with the health needs of the community. They will also adopt strategies for lifelong learning and interaction with health problems at the national, regional and international levels.
Al Asmarya University for Islamic Sciences
Al-Jāmi’a Al-Asmariya is a public university specializing in Islamic sciences such as Islamic theology and Islamic jurisprudence. Al Asmarya University for Islamic Sciences is one of higher education institutions in the libya. It is situated in Zliten on the Libyan coast.
The “Faculty of Engineering-Gharian
The “Faculty of Engineering-Gharian” (University of Al-Jabal Al Gharbi-Zawia ) was first established in 1991 at Jado. The aim was to provide relevant & reliable education in Engineering. Today the university’s faculties include Civil Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture Engineering and Petroleum & Geology Engineering.
University of Tripoli
University of Tripoli (UT) is the largest university in Libya and is located in the capital Tripoli. The university was founded in 1957 as a branch of University of Libya before it was divided in 1973 to become what is now known as University of Tripoli. The university provides undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels of study and awards the following degrees:
- Intermediate Certificate (Diploma)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Licentiate’s degree
- Master’s degree.
- Doctorate degree (PhD)
Al Zawiya University
The University of Azzawia (previously known as Seventh of April University) is located in the city of Zawiya,Libya. The university was established as an independent university in 1988 and the campus is six kilometres south of the city centre.
Petroleum Training and Qualifying Institute
The Petroleum Training and Qualifying Institute was first established in 1970 under the name of Petroleum Affairs Institute and is a non-profitable educational institution. The institute has taken the responsibility of providing the industry with quality technicians in different key areas. To live up to such a commitment, students are admitted according to very strict criteria.
Accredited Public Universities
- Academy of Graduate Studies
- Al-Mergib University
- University of Al Jabal Al Gharbi
- Al Zawiya University
- Azzaytuna University
- The Higher Institute of Computer Technology
- Libyan International Medical University
- Misrata University
- Sabratha University
- Omar Al-Mukhtar University
- Open University of Libya
- Sabha University
- University of Benghazi
- University of Tripoli
- Al Rifaq university for Humanitarian and Applied Science – Tripoli City
- Ibn Al Haytham Center for Technical Education and Scientific Research – Tripoli City
- Libyan university for Humanitarian and Applied Science – Tajora City
- Tripoli Community University – Tripoli
- Tripoli Institute for Medical Sciences – Tripoli City
- United Africa University – Zawia City
- Libyan Institute for Advanced Studies
- American University of Libya
- Africa University for Humanitarian and Applied Science – Tripoli City
Accredited Public Colleges
- College of Administrative Sciences and Applied Finance – Tripoli
- College of Computer Technology – Tripoli
- College of Electronic Technology – Bani Walid
- College of Computer Technology – Zawiya
- College of Electronic Technology – Tripoli
- College of Engineering Technology – Houn
- College of Electrical and Electronic Technology – Benghazi
- College of Engineering Technology – Janzur
- College of Industrial Technology – Masrath
- College of Engineering Technology – Zuwarah
- College of Mechanical Engineering Technology – Benghazi
- The Islamic Call College – Tripoli
- College of Medical Technology – Derna
- College of Medical Technology – Misurata
- College of Structural Engineering – Msallata
- College of Tourism and Hospitality – Tripoli
- Technical College Of Civil Aviation & Meteorology – Esbea
|The catalogue lists all the Universities and other Higher Education Institutions with an independent URL domain. The list is organized alphabetically by the name of the organization.|
If you know of any mistake, changes of the name or the URL, universities missed or institutions listed not belonging to the academic sector, please send an email to the Editor.
Please check all the pages!.
|Academy of Graduate Studies||http://www.alacademia.edu.ly/|
|Al Fateh University||http://www.alfateh.edu.ly/|
|Al Fateh University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (3)||http://www.vetmed.edu.ly/|
|Al Zawiya University (Seventh of April University) (1)||http://www.7aprilu.edu.ly/|
|High Institute of Industrial Technology||http://www.hiitengila.edu.ly/|
|Libyan International Medical University||http://www.limu.edu.ly/|
|Omar Al Mukhtar University||http://www.omu.edu.ly/|
|University of Garyounis (1)||http://garyounis.edu/|