As of 31 March 2018, there were over 100,000 publications registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India. India has the second-largest newspaper market in the world, with daily newspapers reporting a combined circulation of over 240 million copies as of 2018. Hindi-language newspapers have by far the largest circulation, but there are publications produced in each of the 22 scheduled languages of India and in many of the other languages spoken throughout the country. Newsstand and subscription prices often cover only a small percentage of the cost to produce newspapers in India, and advertising is the primary source of revenue A list of Indian newspapers in English and links to the pages of non-English language news media in India.
Indian newspapers by language
Following are links to the pages of regional newspapers and online news websites in India.
- Assamese (অসমীয়া)
- Gujarati (ગુજરાતી)
- Hindi (हिन्दी)
- Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ)
- Malayalam (മലയാളം)
- Marathi (मराठी)
- Oriya (ଓଡ଼ିଆ)
- Punjabi (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)
- Telugu (తెలుగు)
- Urdu (اردو)
List of Indian newspapers in English
- Times of India (TOI)It is one of the best selling English-language newspapers in India. Times of India owned by The Times Group.
- HinduOne of the most widely circulated Indian newspapers.
- Hindustan Times (HT)Leading newspaper in English-language.
- Indian ExpressIndian Express was founded in 1931 and owned by the Indian Express Group.
- PioneerEnglish language daily newspaper published from Delhi, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Kochi, Bhopal and Chandigarh.
- Deccan HeraldLeading English newspaper based in Karnataka. Deccan Herald printed in Bangalore, Hubli, Mysore, Gulbarga, and Mangalore.
- TelegraphPopular newspaper based in Kolkata, India. The newspaper owned by the ABP Pvt. Limited, and was founded in 1982.
- Daily News and Analysis (DNA)English-language broadsheet newspaper published in Mumbai, India. The newspaper owned by the Diligent Media Corporation.
- Deccan ChronicleSouth India’s most widely read newspaper. The newspaper owned by the Deccan Chronicle Holdings Ltd.
- Asian AgeIndia’s global newspaper published from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and London, UK.
- Economic TimesLargest business & financial newspaper in India. The newspaper published by Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd.
- Business StandardIndian daily business newspaper. The newspaper published in English and Hindi.
- Financial Express
- New Indian ExpressEnglish-language newspaper published by Express Publications (Madurai) Ltd. The newspaper printed in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, and Orissa.
- MintNational business newspaper in India. Main distribution area of the newspaper includes Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune.
- TribuneDaily broadsheet format newspaper published from major north Indian cities Bathinda, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Jalandhar, and New Delhi. The newspaper was first published in 1881 in Lahore, Pakistan.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands newspapers
East India newspapers
West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha
North India newspapers
Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Chandigarh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Central Chronicle (Bhopal)
- Greater Kashmir
- Hitavada (Nagpur)
- Jehlum Post
- Daily Post (Chandigarh)
- Kashmir Observer
- Kashmir Times
- State Times
- Impressive times (New Delhi)
- Mail Today
- Milli Gazette
- Organiser (Delhi)
- People’s Democracy
- Sunday Guardian (New Delhi)
- indian Horizon (Delhi)
Northeast India newspapers
Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
- Assam Tribune (Guwahati)
- Shillong Times
- Morung Express (Nagaland)
- Nagaland Post (Dimapur)
- Nagaland Page (Dimapur)
- Sentinel (Assam)
- Sikkim Express (Gangtok and Darjeeling)
- Syandan Patrika (Agartala, in Bangla)
- U Nongsain Hima (Meghalaya, in Khasi)
- North East Times
- Times of Assam
South India newspapers
Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Kerala.
- Bangalore Mirror
- Hindu Business Line
- News TodayEnglish language evening daily newspaper published in Chennai, India. The newspaper was founded in 1982.
- Star of Mysore
- Mangalore Today
- Hans India (Hyderabad)
Western India newspapers
Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Ahmedabad Mirror
- Afternoon Voice (Mumbai)
- Free Press Journal
- Lokmat Times
- Mid Day
- Mumbai Mirror
- Navhind Times (Goa)
- Pune Mirror
Indian news agencies
- Press Trust of India (PTI)Leading news agency in India.
- Asian News International (ANI)