Language Accessory Pack for Office
Excel for Office 365 Word for Office 365 Outlook for Office 365 More…
Language packs add additional display, help, and proofing tools to Office. You can install additional language accessory packs after installing Microsoft Office. If a language accessory pack is described as having partial localization, some parts of Office may still display in the language of your copy of Microsoft Office.
If a language is listed only once, for example German, then that pack includes the tools for all countries/regions that use that language.
- If your organization installed Office on your computer, contact your IT department to install any language packs.
- If you’re an administrator who has deployed a volume licensed version of Office 2016 to your users, you can download an ISO image of the language packs, language interface packs, and proofing tools from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- If you’re an administrator who has deployed a volume licensed version of Office 2019 to your users, you can deploy language packs by using the Office Deployment Tool.
Step 1: Install the language accessory pack
The language accessory pack files are available for free download for either the 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) architectures of Office. Select the version of Office you’re using from the tabs below, then select the language desired from the drop-down list.
Finally choose the appropriate architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) from the download links provided.
If you’re not sure what you’re using see What version of Office am I using?
Step 2: Configure Office language
After you install the language accessory pack, you must configure Office for your new language preferences.
- Open any Office program and then click File > Options > Language.
- Under Choose Editing Languages, make sure that the language you want to use is added to this list.If the language accessory pack includes proofing tools for that language, the Proofing column shows Installed.
- Under Choose Display and Help languages, you can change the default display and help languages for all your Office applications.If the language accessory pack contained display and help for the language, you should see it listed here.
- Restart all Office programs for your changes to take effect.You can change the default language for all your Office applications in the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog. For more information, see Add a language or set language preferences in Office.