Transfer Video from a Digital8 or MiniDV Select the transfer method based on your camera and computer:
Connect your Digital8™ or MiniDV camera to the computer using the Audio Video (A/V) cable.
- Follow the steps in the article How to Transfer the Video to a Computer using the A/V cables .
- The computer must have A/V input ports or a video capture device.
- Use the software supplied by the video capture device.
Connect your camera to the computer using a Sony® i.LINK® or Apple® FireWire® cable.
- If your computer has a Microsoft® Windows® operating system and an i.LINK port:
- Follow the steps in the article Transfer Video to a Windows Computer Using an i.Link (IEEE 1394) Connection .
- Use PlayMemories Home™ or another video capture software.
- If your computer is using an Apple® Mac OS X® or macOS® operating system and has a FireWire or Thunderbolt™ port:
- Follow the steps in the article Transfer video to a Macintosh Computer Using an i.Link (IEEE 1394) Connection .
- Use a video capture software like the Apple iMovie® app to copy the video.
Connect your camera to the computer using the USB cable.
- Connect the camera with a USB cable to transfer photos saved on the memory stick.
- You can use the PlayMemories Home software to import the images.
- There are some camera models that allow video to be recorded on a memory stick. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page. .
Transfer Video from a Digital8 or MiniDV