How to tether your mobile device to your computer
Tethering allows you to use your device’s internet on a laptop or on another device. You can tether your device via USB or Bluetooth.
- Turn on your mobile data and make sure you have active internet bundles from your mobile provider.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to settings, under wireless and networks, select Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Choose USB tethering to enable.
- Your computer will now be connected to the internet using your mobile data internet.
Before using your device’s Media sync (MTP) or Camera (PTP) capabilities, you need to prepare your device’s data services to synchronize with your desktop or laptop computer. Once you have connected the device to the computer, you can transfer your data to or from the device memory.
To connect your device to a computer via USB:
- Use the USB Cable that came with your phone to connect the phone to a USB port on your computer.
- Open the Notifications panel and tap the USB connection icon .
- Tap the connection mode you want to use to connect to the PC. Choose from the following options: Charge only, Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP).