Excel for Office 365 Excel 2019 Excel 2016 Excel 2013 Excel 2010 Excel 2007
You can take the text in one or more cells, and split it into multiple cells using the Convert Text to Columns Wizard.
- Select the cell or column that contains the text you want to split.
- Select Data > Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard, select Delimited > Next.
- Select the Delimiters for your data. For example, Comma and Space. You can see a preview of your data in the Data preview window.
- Select Next.
- Select the Column data format or use what Excel chose for you.
- Select the Destination, which is where you want the split data to appear on your worksheet.
- Select Finish.