- To renew a passport, applicants will need to complete a passport application form and submit it to the Foreign Affairs office.
- The completed form must be submitted together with the payment for renewal, proof of identity and if available the expiring/expired passport.
If you are outside Sierra Leone:
You may use the link provided under “Office Locations & Contacts” to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Sierra Leone in the country you are currently staying. When you call the Embassy, ask them what documents will they require you to submit when you renew your passport. Usually you will be asked to present your expiring/expired passport together with another valid identification like driver’s license or residence card/certificate. The may also ask the applicants to submit a self-addressed envelop.
Submit your application together with all the required documents to the consular service section of the Embassy.Ads by Google
- Completed passport application form
- Expiring/Expired passport
- Proof of identity
For application submitted through foreign missions:
- Copies of the first five pages of the expiring/expired passport
- Payment for the renewal of the passport
- A prepaid self-addressed envelope
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
OAU Drive | Tower Hill
Freetown | Sierra Leone
Phone: +232 79 242 276
- Name of applicant
- Mailing address and contact information
- Identifying information: Social security no., sex, height.
- Place/date of birth
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how can you renew a passport issued in Sierra Leone.