- Before you go to the Office of the Administrator and Registrar General you will need to conduct a business name search first and complete a combined business application form- LINK.
- Simply follow the instructions provided on the online form.
- Pay registration fees
- Obtain certificate and TIN (Tax Identification Number)
- Sierra Leonean to provide Photocopy of National ID Number (or passport / drivers license if applicant has one). Non-nationals of Sierra Leone are to provide passport number and residence permit.
Note: You will be expected to produce the original document for verification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Office of the Administrator and Registrar General
Roxy Building, Walpole Street, Freetown
Call +232 25 332396 if you have any difficulties filling any of the forms or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bo (1 Fenton Road, Bo)
- Makeni (34 Frontier Road, Makeni)
- Kenema (25 Hanga Road, Kenema)
Statutory fees for the Registration of Business and Companies
- Combined Application Form: No Charge
- Name search for all Business Entities. Business Name Search: No Charge
- Business Name Certificate: Le20,000.00
- Change of Business Name: Le20,000.00
- Certified copy Business name certificate: Le10,000.00
- Hard copy of certified Business Name Certificate: Le20,000.00
- NRA Written Statements for Sole Proprietorship: Le40,000.00
- NRA Written Statements for Partnership and Company: Le50,000.00
- Business Registration fees:
- Sole Proprietorship: Le50,000.00
- Partnership: Le55,000.00
It will take about a day for your application to be processed.
Applications to register a business are filed with the Office of the Administrator and Registrar General.
- Business name
- Business location address
- Postal Address
- Telephone Number and E-mail Address of Business
- Activity/Industrial Classification
- Business Activity/Nature of Business
- Capital employed in the business (including all Branches of Sierra Leone)
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how can you register a business in Sierra Leone.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- It is an offence to operate a business without registering it first.
- You will be issued Tax Identification Number (TIN) as soon as you register a company