lost Microsoft account password on Xbox 360
How do I recover my old Microsoft account password?Change your Microsoft account password
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using your current password. If you forgot your password, either select Forgot my password and follow the steps. …
- Once you’ve signed in, select Security.
- Select Password security.
- Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify.
- Select Save.
Step 1: Welcome to the Lost Password Solution – lost Microsoft account password on Xbox 360
Note If you know your Microsoft account email address, you can skip this tutorial and reset your password now.
To access your Xbox Live account, you must know both the email address and password that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. If you have lost or forgotten your password, you will need to reset it in order to create a new password.
Important If you’ve forgotten both your Microsoft account email address and your password, first retrieve your email address using the Lost Account Solution, then reset your password.How would you like to reset your password? lost Microsoft account password on Xbox 360
Step 2: Reset your Microsoft account password from your Xbox 360 console
If you don’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can request a password reset from the Xbox 360 as you are downloading your profile or signing in with a saved profile. The process on Xbox 360 involves using a browser experience on the console. If you’re new to using a controller to navigate Internet Explorer on the console, here are some tips:
- Left stick = move cursor
- Right stick = scroll (when the keyboard is open, use the right stick to scroll to the next field)
- A = select
- Y = cancel or exit the browser
- B = go back to the previous screen
- Left bumper = zoom in
- Right bumper = zoom out
When you are downloading your profile or trying to sign in to the Xbox 360 with a saved profile, follow these steps to reset your password:
- Select Can’t access your account? from the Download Profile or Sign In screen. This will open a browser window. (It will take a few seconds to load Internet Explorer.)
- Select one of the options to tell us why you’re having trouble signing in.
- Next, enter the email address you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. (Placing the cursor in the field and pushing the A button will open the virtual keyboard.)
- Enter the code provided so we know you’re not a robot.
- The alternate email address and phone number you provided for security contact information are listed on the We need to verify your identity screen. If these contact methods are still valid and you have access to them, select YES below to continue.
If for some reason you can’t access any of your security contact information, you’ll need to go through some additional steps online in order to get a password reset link sent to you. Select NO below to find out more.
Are you able to access the security contact methods listed?
Step 3: Select how you’d like to receive your security code
Choose from any of the security contact methods listed, and we’ll send your security code there.
- On the We need to verify your identity screen, select the security contact method (email address or phone number) where you want us to send your code. Click on the option listed to see a drop down of all options you have set up on your account. Follow the instructions for completing the contact email address or phone number and click Send code.
- Check your phone, email, or authenticator app for the security code, and enter it in the field provided on the Check your phone or Check your email screen.
If you have Two Step Verification set up on your account
If you activated Two Step Verification for your Microsoft account, you’ll need to request and enter the security code twice, using a different contact method each time.
Step 4: Enter a new password
Once you’ve verified your identity by entering the security code we sent to you, you’ll be prompted to choose a new password and enter it twice. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and should contain a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
On the Reset your password screen, enter your new password. Reenter to confirm.
That’s it! Your password has been reset. You will be returned to the beginning of the sign-in process.
Step 5: Can you sign in now?
Now that you have your Microsoft account email address and password, try signing in online or on your Xbox console.
Are you now able to sign in to your Microsoft account?
Step 6: Congrats, you’re signed in!