Requesting a Clearance Certificate a Sri Lankan Who is Living in Sri Lanka to Seek Employment Abroad. Step 1 : Applicant has to make a payment of Rs. 500.00 and obtain an application form from the Police Headquarters. Step 2 : Applicant fills form and hands over application to the Police Headquarters Colombo.
PROCESS FOR CITIZENS & NON CITIZENS OF SRI LANKA– FOR BOTH WHO LIVE IN SRI LANKA AND OVERSEAS:
I. Apply in Sri Lanka
a. Apply In-Person
- Applicant shall apply at the main police headquarters in Colombo.
- Link for contact: contacts link
- Go to the respective office.
- Don’t forget to take the required copy of documents along with originals to the office.
- Please talk to the authority for your requirement. As per authorities advice one has to submit the application along with documents.
- Applicant should pay for the certificate as advised.
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- The certificate can be collected from the office where applicant applied in person upon notification or issued as per norms.
b. Apply online (in Sri Lanka as well as overseas)
- You can apply online through the portal : online link
- The page has information for applicant to process and other requirements. Please hit “Proceed” to reach new page.
- Here, under “Please select an authentication provider” select the right option(gmail. linkedin etc) to login.
- Once you choose the option of your choice, user will be prompted to complete the respective login procedure to reach the online application page.
- Applicant will have to complete the prompts for personal details, nationality, other details like passport etc and finally hit verify to reach next page.
- In the given page please follow as per screen prompt as applicable, user shall upload documents followed by payment for the process.
- Please keep the acknowledgement safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- The certificate will be sent as per norms for the respective applicant type or requirement.
II. Applying procedure – overseas
a. Apply at Sri Lankan embassy or consulate
- Applicant can apply at their nearest embassy or consulate.
- Link to locate the embassy or consulate: link
- Call the office and fix appointment also find out the details for this procedure.
- On the scheduled date, go to the office with all the document in original and in copy.
- Please follow as per officer guidelines to process your application.
- A consular fee must be paid. The consular fee varies by the consulates.
- This application will be processed by the respective department. The completed certificates are forwarded to the concern.
- Applicant shall collect the certificate with the respective office upon notification.
Note: Applicants who are living out of the country should complete the application themselves and the application bearing their signature can be handed over through a relative nominated, at Olcott Mawatha, Colombo – 11.b. Through mail(post)
- Applicant shall send their request along with documents and proof of payment by registered mail (post).
Address for mailInspector General of Police,
Police Headquarters, Colombo – 1, Sri Lanka.
This application will be processed by respective department.
The certificate will be sent by mail to the address you specify.
Ads by Google
- Application form. Link: link
- Valid identity document (identity card, passport, driving license)
- Address card (official certificate on personal identifier and address of domicile)
- Your NIC (National Identification Card) and two copies
- A self-addressed envelope with stamps to the return value (if you apply by mail)
- Applicable fees
- A copy of your passport while living in Sri Lanka.
- a copy of your permit of stay in Sri Lanka, passport number and place of issue as well.
- Valid passport (attested copy as per requirement)
- Valid citizen proof (respective ID’s issued by respective nation)
- Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate (as per requirement)
- Proofs of legal stay (copy of passport held during the said period with respective stamp and seal)
- Email ID (useful to communicate issues with respect to your application).
- Valid contact number (applicant can be communicated)
Office Locations & Contacts
National Police Commission,
(BMICH) Premises, Block 09, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.
Ph: (+94) 11 510 7722
Fax: (+94) 11 268 3307
- Applicant with valid passport and a valid address proof.
- Age: 16 years and above. In case of minors, the application must be submitted by the parent exercising parental authority, if the minor has not turned 16 years.
- The current address of the applicant must be same as in the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who are in need of residential status, employment or long term visa or for immigration to a foreign nation.
- Fees 1500 Sri Lankan Rupees for online application and can be paid using VISA/Master/American Express/Ecash.
- Authorities can provide updated information on fees.
- You should neither make payments through cheques nor credit money to the bank account of Inspector General of Police.
- Account of Inspector General of Police bearing No. 7041413, Taprobane Branch, Bank of Ceylon.
- The relevant bank slip should be forwarded along with the application.
- Fee varies for case to case. Updated fee requirement will be provided by respective authorities while applying.
- The Certificate is valid for 6 months from the issuance Or as mentioned on the certificate.
- Validity norms vary from country to country.
Documents to Use
Use this link to view sample of DOP APPC DOP ACC
- 14 working days.
- Processing time varies with respect to the country from where applied.
- You should apply in person to the main Police Headquarters in Colombo – 01.
- On the application form, in the section concerning the coverage of the period of the police clearance, *You should request other and specify since the age of 18. For more information, consult the following Web sites or contact the police: www.police.lk/divisions/information.html (general information) www.police.lk/downloadable/clearance_application.doc (for downloadable application forms)
- Nationals of Sri Lanka who reside in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu are to obtain a police certificate for the time they resided in Sri Lanka by contacting Consulate of Sri Lanka.
- All other applicants should contact the nearest Sri Lankan embassy or consulate.
- Applicants Name in full
- NIC Number
- Reference High Commission/Embassy
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Present address in Sri Lanka
- Present address (Overseas)
Need for the Document
- Police Clearance Certificate is an important document which serves as a proof that the person has no criminal record or previously involved in criminal, breach of trust cases or violation of law both in his home country and during his residence.
Information which might help
To Avoid Delay Please Pay Attention to the Following:
- The name of the applicant as appearing in the NIC should be correctly printed in the application.
- The NIC number and the Date of Birth should be correctly indicated.
- Clear photo copies of the NIC should be certified & submitted.
- All places applicant lived should be specified accurate with the correct address.
- It is important to provide contact details such as local telephone numbers & email addresses, so that the clearance unit would be in a position to clarify information if necessary.
- No photo copies, scanned copies or fax copies of applications are accepted.
- Applicant should sign the application clearly.
- No alternations would be possible after handing over application.
- No second application could be made whilst one is under process.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- May be reuired to produce this document when you are applying for job in your country or in a foreign nation and also when you need immigration services and school application.
Government of Sri LankaAds by Google
Eligibility: Sri Lankan Nationals
Method of submitting application: By submitting a request letter Places where application form could be obtained:Consular Division,3rd Floor, BOI Building,Sir Baron Jayathilake Mawatha,Colombo 01.
Time to submit application: 0830 Hrs 1615 Hrs
Fees paying to obtain this service: Varies on the country requested.
Period taken to provide the Service (Ordinary Service and Priority Service): Three (03) to Five (05) weeks approximately
Necessary Supporting documents:
- Proof of identity of the applicant/ complainant
- Finger print obtained from Police Headquarters or area Police station
- Data page of the Passport
- Visa page
- Four Photographs