- Go to the Office of Registrar in Sierra Leone.
- Fill out application form for application of national identity card.
- Submit the required documents with the application form.
- Pay the corresponding fees.
- After 3 working days, the national identity card will be issued.
- birth certificate
- Sierra Leonean passport
- voter identification card or naturalization certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Administrator and Registrar-General’s Department
- (232 22) 22 22 94 (Registrar General)
- (232 76) 221 426 (Mobile)
- (232 22) 22 18 75
- The applicant must be born or a citizen in Sierra Leone.
- The applicant must be at least six years old or older.
Registration form – 2,500 SLL [C$0.74]
Every 5 years – 10,000 SLL [C$2.97]
- Fees are subject to periodic review.
- For Sierra Leone citizens, the National Identity Card is valid for 5 years.
- For non Sierra Leone citizens, the national identity card is valid for one year.
3 working days
- date of birth of the card holder
- place of birth of the card holder
- date of issue
- expiry date
- unique identification number
- signature of the cardholder
- signature of the chief registrar
- civil status
- district of residence
- social security number of the card holder
Need for the Document
A national identity card is an identity card that each citizen or resident in a country is issued and required to carry and display under certain circumstances. Following are the procedures on how to register a national identity card in Sierra Leone.