Any applicant being a permanent resident within Sri Lanka can apply for this service … Sitting for a written test and a practical examinations; Produce with a certification of … Form “M.T.A. 30”: Application for License to Drive a Motor Vehicle.
- To obtain a certification for driving license, applicants will need to go to the Licensing Division in Colombo (address provided below) or from a relevant district office.
- Applicants will need complete the application form C.M.T.22.
- Submit the completed form, either by:
- Handing it over to the Supervising Officers at the counter at main office (for priority service one day)
- Post the application (for normal service)
- Check for the issuance year of the license and the type of service required (priority / normal).
- Check for the accuracy of the information you have provided on the application by comparing them with details stored in the system.
- Issuance of the certification of the license.
- If the license details provided by the applicant do not exist within the system: Check for the details within the old (manual) files
- If the license details provided by the applicant contradict with the details existing in the system: Application is rejected.
- If the license details provided by the applicant do not exist within the old (manual) files: Application is rejected.
- Application Form C.M.T. 22: Application for Certification of Driving License
- A letter from applicant ,including the information of the license , stating his/her requirement
- The receipt issued for the duplicate copy of the license, if the license has been lost or destroyed
- Temporary license, if applied for a renewal of the license
- The letter issued by a relevant organization, if the certification is requested by that organization
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Motor Traffic
No: 581-341, Elvitigala Mavatha, Narahenpita, Colombo 05
Mr. Upul Priyantha de Silva
All the applications should be directed to the Assistant Commissioner of the Licensing Division:
Assistant Commissioner Licensing Division,
Department of Motor Traffic,
P.O Box 533, 581-341, Elvitigala Mawatha,
For Obtaining & Submitting Application Forms:
Working days Mondays to Fridays
Counter open hours 9:30 am to 3:30 pm (Normal)
Counter open hours 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (Priority)
Holidays All Public and Mercantile Days
Note: One Day Processing Applicants can obtain their Certification after 3:30 pm, within the same say of submitting the form
- Any applicant being an owner of a driving license can apply for the service of obtaining certification of license.
- Application forms provided free of charge
- Processing Fee:
- For the normal service Rs. 170.00
- For the priority service Rs. 220.00
- Applied for one-day (priority) service: Issued within 1 day
- Applied for normal service: Issued within 1 week 1 month
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The certification to ensures the competency of the owner of the license to drive.
- Certain entities may request for the certificate:
- Insurance companies
- Companies hiring drivers