Manage files and folders in OneDrive – Right-click the System Tray icon for OneDrive and select Settings. Click the Account tab and then select Choose folders. Here you’ll see the files and folders that you moved into your OneDrive folder. If you wish to sync everything stored in your OneDrive folder, click the checkbox for Make all files available
Select what to do with a file
- In OneDrive, right-click the file.
- Select a command.
Create a folder
- Select New > Folder.
- Type a name for the folder.
- Select Create.
Search for files
Looking for an older file? Search is a powerful tool to find all your online files.
- Type a word or phrase in the Search box.
- Select a file, or press Enter.
Important PC Folders (auto backup) – Manage files and folders in OneDrive
You can backup important computer files on OneDrive like your Desktop, Documents, and Pictures files.
- Select the OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.
- Select More > Settings.
- On the Backup tab, under Important PC Folders, select Manage backup and follow the instructions.
Set up the OneDrive sync app in Windows
- If you don’t have Windows 10, Office 365, or Office 2016, install the new OneDrive sync app for Windows. If you use the latest software, you already have the OneDrive sync app and you can skip to step 2.
- Select the Start button, search for OneDrive, and then open it.
- When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your Microsoft account, and then select Sign in.
Note: If you already had an account signed in to OneDrive and you want to add another account, select the OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area, select More > Settings. In Settings, select Account, select Add an account, and then sign in.
For more info, see Sync files with OneDrive in Windows.
Set up the OneDrive sync app on Mac
- Install OneDrive for Mac.Important: If you’re using the OneDrive Mac Store app, uninstall it before installing the latest build of the sync app.
- Start OneDrive by pressing cmd + Space to launch a Spotlight query and type OneDrive. This starts OneDrive Setup.
- Enter your Microsoft account and then select Sign in.
Note: If you already had an account signed in to OneDrive and you want to add another account, click the OneDrive cloud icon up in the Menu bar, click the three dots to open the menu, and select Preferences. Click the Account tab, select Add an Account to start OneDrive Setup, and then sign in.
For more info, see Sync files with OneDrive on Mac OS X.