To issue a certificate of origin to export and re-export national products is required to provide commercial invoice including the following data: Invoice number and date. The consignee and his address. Method of transport (land – air – sea) Specifications of exported goods.
- To apply for a Certificate of Origin you will need to complete the appropriate application form. Forms can be found on Qatar Chamber of Commerce’s Website – Link.
- Submit the form together with all other required documents (see list below). Note: It is also possible to start the application process for the certificate online, see link for detailed instruction on how you can use Qatar Chamber of Commerce’s online system – Link
- Pay all applicable fees.
- The Certificate of Origin will be delivered once it is approved and ready.
Certificate of origin to export national products:
- Exporting industrial products: it is required to provide a letter from Industrial Development Department at the Ministry of Energy & Industry defining the products produced by the company and the percentage of local added value achieved.
- Exporting fresh fish, the following must be considered:
- License for fishing vessel issued by Fish Resources Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- Fish exporting card issued by Fish Resources Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- Exporting livestock: it is required to provide a veterinary health certificate issued by Animal Health Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture
Certificate of origin for re-exporting:
- Re-exporting vehicles: copies of export certificates issued by Traffic Department should be attached with the invoice if the vehicles are registered; otherwise a letter of guarantee that the vehicles are not registered with the Traffic Department, to be attached with the invoice or this is to be mentioned in the invoice of export.
- For exporting raw iron (scrape): it is required to obtain approval of Qatar Steel Company.
- For exporting used papers and carton wastes: It is required to obtain approval of Industrial Development Department (Unless the firm has industrial license including carton pressing activity.)
- For re-exporting livestock: it is required to obtain a veterinary health certificate from Animal Health Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- For re-exporting vessels and boats: a deletion certificate to be attached.
- For re-exporting transit cargos: copy of customs statement issued by Customs Department to be attached.
- In all cases: available supporting documents that prove the country of origin to be attached.
Certificate of origin for personal purposes:
- Provide a list of personal properties, showing its specifications and the number of parcels, country of origin and name of the owner and the terminal country and the means of shipping and owner signature on the subjects list.
- Enclosing with the list, a no objection letter for shipping the subjects issued by the employer of the consignor if he is resident in the State.
- Enclosing a copy of owners ID and a copy of company/establishment ID.
- For exporting personal vehicles, it is required to provide an export certificate issued by the Traffic Department.
Office Locations & Contacts
Qatar Chamber of Commerce & Industry
P.O BOX : 402 Doha , Qatar
Telephone : +974 44559111
Fax: +974 44661693 | +974 44661697
Email: email@example.comAds by Google
All citizens and residents of Qatar, and all chamber members.
Issuance of Certificate of Origin: QR 50
Issuance of certificate of origin to export and re-export national products requires applicants to provide commercial invoice including the following data:
- Invoice number and date
- The consignee and his address
- Method of transport (land air sea)
- Specifications of exported goods
- Total and net weight
- Number and type of parcels
- Country of origin
- Goods value
- Company seal and signature of the authorized signatory
Need for the Document
Certificates of Origin for export and re-export goods are being issued by the Qatar Chamber of Commerce. Here is a procedure on how you can obtain one.