If you are hearing sound but seeing a purple screen when you try to watch Netflix, you may be experiencing an issue with your device. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue. fix purple screen on Netflix
- Unplug your Roku from power for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug your Roku back in.
- Turn your Roku on by pressing any button on the Roku remote.
- Wait 1 full minute.
- Try Netflix again.
Troubleshoot your hardware connection fix purple screen on Netflix
Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue that is preventing Netflix from playing your content. To resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.
- If you were able to stream on another TV, there may be an issue with the HDMI port on the original TV. Contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance.
If you are still experiencing this error message, contact Roku for further assistance.
Powercycle your device
- Unplug your device from your TV and its power source for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your device back in.
- Turn the device back on with the Roku remote.
- Try Netflix again. fix purple screen on Netflix