How to fix Netflix black screen with sound on Xbox One If you are hearing sound but not seeing video when you try to watch Netflix, you may be experiencing an issue with your device. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.
If you are neither hearing sound nor seeing video, please visit I’m getting a black screen with no sound.
When you try to play a TV show or movie How to fix Netflix black screen with sound on Xbox One
Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue that is preventing Netflix from playing your content. To resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.
- If you were able to stream on another TV, there may be an issue with the HDMI port on the original TV. Contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance.
- Turn off your Xbox.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for at least 1 minute.
- While your Xbox is unplugged, press and hold the power button on the console for 5 seconds to discharge it.
- Plug your Xbox back in.
- Turn your Xbox on with the power button and try Netflix again.