If you are hearing sound but not seeing video when you try to watch Netflix, you may be experiencing an issue with your device. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue. Netflix black screen with sound on Apple TV
If you are neither hearing sound nor seeing video, please visit I’m getting a black screen with no sound.
When do you get a black or blank screen with sound?
- Unplug your Apple TV and the TV it’s connected to from power for at least 2 minutes.
- Plug both devices back in.
- Turn both devices back on.
- Try Netflix again.
Troubleshoot your hardware connection Netflix black screen with sound on Apple TV
Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue that is preventing Netflix from playing your content. To resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.
- If you were able to stream on another TV, there may be an issue with the HDMI port on the original TV. Contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance.
Check the HDMI connection
So if your Apple TV still shows a blank or black screen, it’s more likely there’s a problem with your HDMI cable or TV. Low-quality HDMI cables are prone to causing problems. Several users have even reported issues with the Amazon Basics HDMI cable