If you are hearing sound but not seeing video when you try to watch Netflix, you may be experiencing an issue with your device. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue. Netflix black screen with sound on Amazon Fire
If you are neither hearing sound nor seeing video, please visit I’m getting a black screen with no sound.
When do you get a black or blank screen with sound?
Restart your device Netflix black screen with sound on Amazon Fire
- Unplug your device from power for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your device back in.
- Turn the device back on with the Fire TV remote.
- Try Netflix again.
Your device may be experiencing an HDCP issue that is preventing Netflix from playing your content. To resolve the issue:
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV.
- If you were able to stream on another TV, there may be an issue with the HDMI port on the original TV. Contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance.
Why is my Netflix screen black on Firestick?Unplug your device from power for at least a minute. Plug your device back in. Turn the device back on with the Fire TV remote. Try Netflix again.
How do I bypass the black screen on Netflix?You can use Windows 10 and the Chrome browser. Go to the Netflix site, play the content, then use key combination Shift-Windows-S to start the screen capture, then click-drag to select the area of interest. The image is copied to the Windows clipboard, from which you can past it as below. James A.