Requirements to get a Motor Vehicle/Cycle log book and Number Plate duplicate once lost. To make an announcement on radio. Proof of payment of 1,000 Frw for property ownership certificate at RRA accounts to be submitted to the Traffic Police.
- If your motor vehicle log book is lost, you would have to make an announcement in the radio, regarding your loss of your vehicle Number Plate.
- You would have to make a payment of 1,000 Frw for property ownership certificate to be obtained from the Traffic Police.
- Also, need to make a payment of thousands two hundred (1,200frw) of loss certificate on Rwanda National Police/Traffic Police accounts.
- Make sure you have the documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page and use the contact information provided under Office Locations & Contacts section of this page. Also, make sure you have the appropriate fees along with you.
- Motor vehicle number plates duplicates requested from 7:00am early in the morning till 3:00pm, and are withdrawn from the office on the same day from 4:30pm; while those requested from 3:00 pm are available the following working day.
- The log book duplicata as well as the number plate are withdrawn by the owner of the motor vehicle/cycle.
- Proof of payment of 1,000 Frw for property ownership certificate at RRA accounts
- Loss certificate from the police with the names and Passport Photo size of motorvehicle owner.
Office Locations & Contacts
OFFICE OF THE AUDITOR GENERAL FOR STATES FINANCES
P.O. Box: 100 KIGALI RWANDA
Phone: +(250) 577777
Website : http://www.oag.gov.rw
Following link provides you with more contact information : Revenue Department Contact information
You could also contact call center : 3004
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Five thousands (5,000frw) for motor vehicle log book
- Five thousands (5,000frw) for one motor vehicle number plate,
- Ten thousands (10,000frw) for two motor vehicle number plate and
- Eight thousands (8,000frw) for one motorcycle number plate