Excel for Office 365 Word for Office 365 Outlook for Office 365
If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can deactivate Office 365 on a PC or Mac that you’re no longer using. Deactivating an Office 365 install doesn’t uninstall Office, remove Office documents, or cancel your Office 365 subscription.
Note: Because this process is done through your web browser, you can deactivate an Office 365 install from any device. It can take up to 72 hours for the Office install to detect that it’s been deactivated.
Office 365 Home, Personal, or University
- From any device, go to your Microsoft account, Installs page and sign in using your Microsoft account, if prompted.
- Under Devices, locate the device where you want to deactivate Office 365.
- Select Sign out of Office to deactivate Office 365 on the device.
Office 365 for business
- From any device, go to https://portal.office.com/Account/#home and sign in using your work or school account, if prompted.
- From the Install status tile, select Install options.
- Under My installs, select the down arrow next to INSTALLS to reveal the installs for Office or other products.
- Select Deactivate to deactivate the installs you no longer use.
After you deactivate Office 365, you still can view and print documents from that device, but you won’t be able to edit them or create new ones. If you want to use Office 365 on the device, you’ll need to sign in to Office 365 when prompted. .