To sign up for Gmail, create a Google Account. You can use the username and password to sign in to Gmail and other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.
- Go to the Google Account creation page.
- Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account.
- Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.
The username I want is taken
You won’t be able to get a certain Gmail address if the username you requested is:
- Already being used
- Very similar to an existing username (for example, if email@example.com already exists, you can’t use firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The same as a username that someone used in the past and then deleted
- Reserved by Google to prevent spam or abuse
Someone is impersonating me
If you believe someone has created a Gmail address to try to impersonate your identity, you can:
- File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Contact your state’s Office of Consumer Protection
Setting up a free Gmail account is a quick, easy process that takes little time to complete. Below are the step-by-step instructions you’ll need to create an account and start using Gmail in no time.
- Visit Create your Google Account for Gmail.
- Enter your first and last name in the Name section.
- Type your desired username under Choose your username.Your Gmail email address will be your username followed by “@gmail.com.” If your Gmail username is “example,” for instance, your Gmail address is “email@example.com.”
- Enter a password for your Gmail account under both Create a password and Confirm your password. Pick an email password that is difficult to guess.For enhanced security, you should later enable two-factor authentication for your Gmail account.
- Click Next.
- You are asked to verify your phone number. You can skip this step if you prefer.
- Enter your mobile phone number and an alternate email address for account verification and authorization. Google uses this information to protect your privacy and to allow you to recover a lost password.
- Enter your birth date and gender in the fields provided.
- Click Next.
- Read and the Privacy and Terms and then click I Agree to continue.If you do not agree to the privacy and terms, you will not be able to continue creating a Gmail account.
- That’s it. You’re done. Once you click I Agreeyou’re taken to the My Account page for the email address you just created. From there, you can sign into your account, manage your personal information, and set your account preferences.
Access the Gmail Account and Your Other Existing Email
You can access Gmail on the web, and you can also set it up in desktop and mobile email programs. There are Gmail apps for Windows 10, iOS and Android mobile devices. Just download the app compatible with your device and sign in. Gmail lets you access your other existing POP email accounts, both for sending and receiving