The ability to transfer video to an Apple® Macintosh® computer will vary depending on the type of camcorder you have and the type of connection you are using. connect a camcorder to an Apple® Macintosh®
Select the type of camcorder you have for further information:
How to transfer video from an 8mm or Hi8 camcorder to a Macintosh computer.
The following items are necessary to transfer video to an Apple® Macintosh® computer from an 8mm or Hi8™ camcorder:
- The computer must have compatible video capture software installed, such as iMovie®.
- The computer must have a FireWire® serial bus (IEEE 1394) connection.
- An analog-to-digital converter must be used to connect the camera to the FireWire serial bus connection on the computer.
IMPORTANT: Information about using iMovie software with an analog-to-digital converter is available on the Apple website at http://support.apple.com/kb/ta26606.
- Connect an Audio/Video (A/V) cable to the A/V output jack of the camcorder.NOTES:
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the A/V input jack on the analog-to-digital converter.
- Connect a FireWire cable to the output on the analog-to-digital converter.
- Connect the other end of the FireWire cable to the FireWire serial bus connection on the computer.
- Turn on the camcorder to the VCR , VTR or PLAYBACK mode.
- Turn on the analog-to-digital converter.IMPORTANT: If the converter has more than one A/V input, make sure the input to which the camcorder is connected is selected on the converter. In addition, make sure the converter is set to convert an analog signal to DV.
- Cue the video in the camcorder to the beginning of the video footage to be transferred.
- Turn on the computer.
- Start the video capture software.
- Begin playing the video in the camcorder.
- Begin importing the video with the video capture software.NOTE: More information and troubleshooting for importing video with iMovie is available on the Apple website at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/import/.
Can video from a MICROMV camcorder be transferred to a Macintosh computer? connect a camcorder to an Apple® Macintosh®
To transfer video from a MICROMV™ camcorder to an Apple® Macintosh® computer, the computer must be running the Mac OS® X operating system. In addition, DVHSCap or AVCVideoCap software is required; these applications can be found by searching the Internet.
IMPORTANT: To playback the video use movie player software that supports MPEG-2. If necessary, refer to the software manufacturer for additional information or available updates.
NOTE: The Apple Store has a QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component for Mac OS X available to purchase.