Collaborate in OneDrive
Share files or folders
- Select the files or folder you’d like to share.
- Select Share .
- Select Anyone with this link can edit this item and set the permissions:
- Select Allow editing if you want others to be able to edit the file.
- Uncheck Allow editing if you only want others to be able to view the file.
- Select how you’d like to share:
- Get a link – Select Copy and paste the link into a message, file, webpage, or other location.
- Email – enter the emails of the people you want to share with, add a message (optional), and select Share.
- Social network – Select More and select the social network you want.
Stop or change sharing
If you are the file owner, or have edit permissions, you can stop or change the sharing permissions.
- Select the file or folder you want to stop sharing.
- Select Information in the upper-right corner to open the Details pane.
- Select Manage access and:
- Select the X next to a link to disable it.
- Select Can Edit or Can View, and then select Stop Sharing.
- Select Can Edit or Can View and then select Change to….
Can multiple people edit a document on OneDrive?Files stored in OneDrive need to be explicitly shared. By default, they can only be edited and viewed by the owner of the library. You can select who can edit individual files by sharing to people or groups with edit permissions. For more on sharing, see Share files or folders in Microsoft 365.
How do I edit shared files in OneDrive?To edit the file, click on Edit in the top right. Then, either choose Edit in Word or Edit in Word Online. This process is the same for PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote Files. OneDrive allows you to easily share files to collaborate.
How do I make OneDrive editable?To edit, click Edit Document in the top left corner and select Edit in Word Online. The document will then open in the editor and allow you to make changes to the document. To edit a document with Word on your desktop, select Edit in Word when in the Read Only version of your OneDrive document.