Gun law, gun control statistics, number of guns in Kenya, gun deaths, firearm facts and policy, armed violence, public health and development.
- To cancel the licence the firearm holder has to contact the Chief Licensing Officer at the Firearms Licensing Board can be found under the “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page.
- The applicant has to make sure he or she has all the required documents that are required for this process to be successful and it can be found under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant has to provide any relevant information regarding why he/she is cancelling the licence.
- On Completion of this process the applicant will receive the written confirmation with the approval.
Ads by Google
- Gun license
- Identification documents (Passport/ID)
Office Locations & Contacts
Chief Licensing Officer,
Central Firearms Bureau,
P.O. Box 30263,
Central Firearms Bureau is situated along MILIMANI ROAD’ within the compound of the new Nairobi Area Police Headquarters.Office of the Inspector General
Taifa Road, Jogoo House “A” 4th Floor
P.O. Box 44249-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Telegraphic address: “IG,NPS”
Tel: +254 20 2221969
Kenya Police Headquarters
Vigilance House, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 30083,
Telephone: (020) 341411/6/8
Police stations are located all over the country
Here are police hotlines you might want to call:
Visit this link for various province police contact address-http://archive.today/ISHbH
Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Mazingira House, Kiambu Road, Opp. Forestry Department Headquarters, Karura
PO Box 30036 – 00100
Tel +254 020 3343312/ +254 20 512090/1
Website: http://www.cid.go.keAds by Google
Firearm certificate holder
A firearm certificate or license may be cancelled or revoked by the Chief Licensing Officer if:-
(a). He is satisfied that the holder is prohibited by or under this Act from possessing a firearm to which the firearm certificate relates, or is of intemperate habits or unsound mind or is otherwise unfit to be entrusted with a firearm or,
(b). The holder fails to comply with a notice under sub-section (5) requiring him to deliver up the firearm certificate.
In any case where a firearm certificate is revoked by a licensing Officer, he shall by a notice in writing, require the holder to surrender the firearm certificate, and if the holder fails to do so within fourteen days from the date of the notice, he shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand shillings.
Provide that, where an appeal is brought against the revocation, this subsection shall not apply to that revocation unless the appeal is abandoned or dismissed, and shall, in that case, have effect as if for the reference to the date of the notice there were substituted a reference to the date on which the appeal was abandoned or dismissed.
If any person makes any statement which he knows to be false for the purpose of procuring, whether for himself or any other person, the grant of a firearm certificate under this section, or the variation or renewal of a firearm certificate he shall be guilty of an offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding two thousand shillings or to both.
- Personal Information
- Occupation/Employment Information
- Particulars of Firearm
- Spousal Information
- Next of Kin
- Particulars of Applicant
- Reasons for cancellation
Need for the Document
A person who has already acquired a firearm certificate/ gun license may surrender the license to the Chief Licensing Officer at the Firearms Licensing Board as a result of:
- Voluntary cancellation of the license.
- In any case where a licensing officer revokes a firearm certificate, he shall by notice in writing require the holder to surrender the firearm certificate.
Information which might help
The Firearms Licensing Board’s work is to certify suitability of applicants and periodically assess proficiency of firearms holders and issue, cancel, terminate or vary any license or permit issued under the Act.