To be eligible you must an adult age 18 years and above; Visit Rwanda Revenue Authority headquarter Kigali; Complete application forms
- To be eligible you must an adult age 18 years and above
- Visit Rwanda Revenue Authority headquarter Kigali
- Complete application forms or the form can also be downloaded on line by clicking on the link www.revenueauthority.rw
- On the Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) homepage, go to e-Services on the Left Menu, under e-Services, go to You need to login to menu, then under File a Return, Login if you have already created an account. If you have not created an account yet, select Register and follow the guide under that link to create your account.
- After logging in, go to e-Services for individual or non-individual on the Left Menu, select e-Returns and select the type of return that you wish to file.
- Download the template for the return you wish to file, from the list provided under e-Services for individual such as monthly VAT return form and select save.
- Save the template to your preferred location on your computer. You do not have to be connected to the internet in order to fill out the template.
- Open the template.
- Before filling out the template, enable macros by following the instructions on the sheet labeled help, on the form you have downloaded.
- After filling in all the required information, validate the form by clicking the validate button on the last page of the return.
- In case of errors, correct them and save the file before validating again.
- If no errors are found on the template, generate an Upload file by clicking YES on the pop up window. This will generate a compressed file that will take less of your time to upload.
- Reconnect to the Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA) Web Portal and log in to your account if you had disconnected in order to fill in the template.
- After logging in, go to e-Services for individual on the Left Menu, select e-Returns and select the type of return that you wish to upload. Disable the pop-up blocker before uploading your return.
- Enter the period for which the return is being filed and click check.
- Enter all the details required and Upload the return.
- If the form fails online validation, correct the specified errors on the saved template, save the file, validate and re-generate another upload file.
- Try to upload the file again.
- If the upload is successful, click Submit to submit your return.
- If you do not wish to print the form immediately, you can print it later using the print the form function on the Home Page of the Web Portal, under e-Services, You do not need to log in to menu.
- To track the status of your return, you can use the Track Your Status function, under e-Services; you do not need to log in to menu on the Home Page of the Web Portal. The same Search Code and Reference Number
Office Locations & Contacts
Rwanda Revenue Authority Kigali
Fax: +250-252-596-400 or call Consular call +250-252-596-400 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org always available for general tax inquiries
Website: www.rwandarevenueaythority.rwAds by Google
- To be eligible you must be an adult age 18 years and above
- Employee or employer of an institution or an organization
Free of charge
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
Need for the Document
Tax return is a reports filed with the Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA), containing information used to calculate income tax or other taxes. Tax return is usually prepared using forms prescribed by the Rwanda Revenue Authority. A tax return provide information so that the taxation authority can check on the tax payer calculation, or can determine the amount of tax owed if the taxpayer is not required to calculate that amount in contrast information return is a declaration by some person, such as a third party, providing economic information about one or more potential taxpayers.
A company, employer, or party which has paid income to a taxpayer is required to file the applicable information return directly with the Rwanda Revenue Authority. A copy of the information return is also sent directly to the payee. These procedures enable the Rwanda Revenue authority to make reasonably sure that taxpayers report income correctly.
Information which might help
To print the form, you will be required to avail a Search Code and Reference Number. These can be obtained from the Registration Acknowledgement Receipt email that will be sent to the email address you provided during registration. This email is sent at the time when the e-Acknowledgement is generated.