Sri Lankan Passport for a Dual Citizen
- Completed Application Form.
- Photo studio acknowledgement.
- Dual Citizenship Certificate with a photocopy.
- Foreign passport with any Sri Lankan passport if there is (with photocopy of Bio data pages)
- National Identity Card with a photocopy. …
- Birth Certificate with a photocopy.
- Fill up application form.
- Submit form along with all other required documents.
- Pay application fee.
- Completed Application Form
- Dual Citizenship Certificate (A copy of payment receipt for citizenship Registration may be accepted)
- National Identity Card
- Birth Certificate and/or Driving License
- Originals of the above documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Immigration and Emigration
“Suhurupaya”, Sri Subhuthipura Road, Battaramulla
Hotline : 1962
Phone : 94-11-5329000 Hunting Line
Fax : 94-11-2674621
E-Mail : controller[at]immigration.gov.lk
Controller General of Immigration and Emigration & Commissioner for Registration of Persons of Indian Origin
Mr. M. N. Ranasinghe
Telephone : +94 11 5329400
Ext : 9400
Fax : 2674621
Email : controller[at]immigration.gov.lk
Additional Controller General
Mr P. V. Gunathilaka
Telephone : +94 11 5329450
Ext : 9450
Sri Lankan EmbassiesAds by Google
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Normal Basis – LKR. 2500.00
- Urgent Basis – LKR.7500.00
Currently issued N series passports are valid for 10 years unless otherwise specified. Validity period of passports for minors below 16 years of age are 3 years. Emergency Certificates are valid two (02) years but can be extended for further two years.
Documents to Use
- To download application form: http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=105&lang=en
- Normal Basis 10 working days
- Urgent Basis Same day
You can submit all passport applications to the Passport Division (Level 01) of the Department of Immigration & Emigration located at No. 41, Ananda Rajakaruna Mawatha, Colombo 10.
If you need your passport for urgent traveling you can apply for one-day service. This service is only available at Immigration & Emigration Department Head office.
Need for the Document
Dual citizenship means that you are a citizen of more than one country. For example you may hold two citizenships, one through your mother and one through your father.
With dual citizenship, you have rights and obligations to two different states, being entitled to possess two passports is one of these rights.
Information which might help
- Normal Processing Applications – from 8.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Urgent Basis Applications – from 8.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. On week days only.
The office closes on weekends and during Public Holidays.
- Department of Immigration and Emigration Sri Lanka: http://www.immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=142&Itemid=191&lang=en