Below is a detailed procedure on how to apply for Timiza loan. In 2018, Barclays Bank of Kenya officially launched their mobile loan application called Timiza. The app allows one to save and borrow money, repay loans, pay bills, purchase insurance, hail a cab and also check forex rates. Today, we are going to share with you a simple guide on how to get Timiza loan.
But before we do that, you need to know to that with Timiza loan app, one can borrow up to Ksh. 150k and their repayment is 30 days (1 month).
Timiza Loan is also open to people who don’t bank with Barclays. They have more than 500k downloads on Google Play Store and their interest rate is 4%.
Before applying for Timiza Loan, please ensure that:
- CRB has not blacklisted you.
- You have not been blacklisted by Safaricom.
- You have a Safaricom line and Mpesa is functioning.
- You have a National ID.
How to Apply For Timiza Loan
- Download Timiza Loan app on Google Play Store.
- Fill in the required details.
- Allow the app to access manage calls and also access messages.
- Enter your Safaricom mobile number and National ID in order to register.
- Set a PIN number which you will be using to login to Timiza loan app every time you want to access it.
- A message will show on the app with the amount of money you are eligible to borrow.
NB: For those without smartphones, dial *848# to register for Timiza.
How to Pay Timiza Loan
- Go to Mpesa menu on your mobile phone.
- Select Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Choose Pay Bill and on the business number section, enter Timiza paybill number 300067.
- Enter your phone number on the account section.
- Enter the amount of money you want to borrow.
- Key in your Mpesa PIN number and confirm if all the details you’ve entered are correct.
- Click OK and wait for a confirmation message from Timiza and Mpesa.
Timiza Loan Contacts
Tel: +254 20 3900000
Cel: +254 722 130 120 or +254 732 130 120
I hope that this simple guide on how to apply for Timiza loan and also repay will be of great help to you.