Requirements for application of an Investor permit in Kenya
- Copy of certificate of incorporation / registration of the employer company or organization.
- Copy of the Memorandums or registration documents of the company or organization.
- PIN certificate of the Company / Organization.
- Fill the Investment Application Form.
- Engage legal advice in Kenya.
- Register your business
- Submit Application Form + Certificate of Incorporation + Articles and memorandum of association to KenInvest
- Issue of the Investment License
Ads by Google
- Application Form
- Certificate of Incorporation in Kenya
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
Office Locations & Contacts
Kenya Investment Authority
Kenya Railways Headquarters,
Block D, 4th Floor
Workshop Road, off Haile Selassie Ave
P.O. Box 55704 – 00200
City Square, Nairobi, Kenya.
Pilot Lines: +254 (730) 104-200 |+254 (730) 104-210
Working Hours: Monday- Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00pm (GMT + 3:00)
View DirectionsAds by Google
Domestic investors and international investors
The application for and issuance of the Investment License is free of charge.
Documents to Use
Within 21 days
Agency: Kenya Investment Authority
Contact Office: General Manager, Investor Services
Resolution Criteria: National Environment Management Authority license where applicable.
- Details of the applicant
- Proposed location of business
- Nature of activity
- 5 years projected investment growth
- Employment details
- Investment and financing programme
Ads by Google
Need for the Document
The Kenya Investment Authority is a government agency mandated to promote and facilitate investment in Kenya by both domestic and international investors.
An investor can reduce to reduce the bureaucracy faced in relation to licensing, immigration and negotiating tax incentives and exemptions from the relevant authorities by registering with Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) and be issued an Investment License.
Information which might help
Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) provides support to foreign and domestic companies looking to set up or expand in Kenya. They do this by providing a fully integrated advisory service, assistance in acquiring licenses and requisite entry permits in addition to aftercare support.
Specific services include:
- Key information on regulatory factors
- Issuance of the Investment Certificate that facilitates immediate start of business
- Key information on location factors and business opportunities
- Sector information and introduction to key sector networks
- Support to build collaborative partnerships with Kenyan businesses
- Continued support to companies once they have established.
KenInvests headquarter is in Nairobi. They also operate a liaison office at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), and regional offices in Eldoret, Mombasa and Kisumu.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Fast track business project implementation
Investment CertificateAds by Google
Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) is a statutory body established in 2004 through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004) with the main objective of promoting investments in Kenya. It is responsible for facilitating the implementation of new investment projects, providing After Care services for new and existing investments, as well as organizing investment promotion activities both locally and internationally. The core functions of KenInvest include; Policy Advocacy; Investment Promotion; Investment Facilitation which includes Investor Tracking and After Care Services. The activities are carried out through the following departments:
- Research, Policy Advocacy and Planning Department: Undertake research, review and analyse policies, and engage in policy advocacy geared towards improving the business environment.
- Investment Promotion Department: Target and attract investments to achieve increased economic development.
- Investor Services Department: Ensure expeditious and quality facilitation of projects for prompt implementation and effective After Care Services.
- Corporate and Legal Affairs Department: Uphold KenInvests corporate profile, ensure observance of good corporate governance and attend to legal affairs.
- Finance and Administration Department: Formulate and implement efficient financial and administrative management policies and systems.
- Internal Audit: Monitor and evaluate management policies, procedures, regulations and systems to ensure compliance with the best practices for effective utilization of organizational resources.