How to apply:
- Complete an Application for Invalidity Benefit Form.
- The application form should be endorsed by a qualified doctor at the hospital/clinic you attend(ed)
- Submit the completed application form + the required documents (in person) to your nearest NSSF office.
Complete the application for Invalidity Benefit application form and return it to the NSSF Office or Huduma Centers most convenient to you. There, customer service representatives will accept your claim for processing. You must provide the required documents for your application to be completed.Ads by Google
- Medical Certificate from director of medical services
- Completed application form
Office Locations & Contacts
National Social Security Fund (HQ)
P.O. Box 30599 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
NSSF Building, Bishops Rd
Main Line: (020) 2729911, 2710552
Toll Free: 0800 2212744
Huduma CentersAds by Google
For mentally or physically challenged citizens
No age limit
A member is entitled to invalidity pension if he/she suffers physical or mental disability of a permanent nature as certified by a medical board established under the Act and has made at least 36 monthly contributions immediately preceding the date of invalidity.
Location Where Service Is Provided: Any NSSF Office or Huduma Centres
- National identity card number
- Full names
- Kenya Revenue authority PIN
- Place of employment
- Address of employer
- Date of birth
- Physical address of applicant
- Details of next of Kin (Name and ID number or Birth Certificate)
Ads by Google
Need for the Document
Invalidity benefit is a social security benefit payable to those who are incapable of work because of illness or disability.
Invalidity Benefit is paid to an insured person who is medically certified as an invalid and who has made the required number of contributions to the system.
An invalid is a person who is likely to remain incapable of working for a period of not less than 12 months as a result of a specific disease or bodily or mental disablement.
Information which might help
Invalidity Pension is a payment for insured people who are permanently incapable of work because of an illness or incapacity. To qualify you must:
- Have been incapable of work for at least 12 months and be likely to be incapable of work for at least another 12 months (you will probably have been getting Illness Benefit or Disability Allowance during that time), or
- Be permanently incapable of work (in certain cases of very serious illness or disability, you can transfer directly from another social welfare payment or from your job to Invalidity Pension).
A deciding officer of the National Social Security Fund will examine your claim and determine your entitlement based on the qualifying conditions outlined above.
National Social Security FundAds by Google
Invalidity Benefit is paid to a contributing member who has lost his/ her earning capacity due to physical or mental incapacitation as will be certified by a medical doctor.
Ministry of Labour (http://www.labour.go.ke) provides general supervision through a board of trustees.
National Social Security Fund administers the program.