- Go to Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority office to inquire about the driver license application.
- Fill out the forms and submit relevant documents.
- Proceed at the finance department to pay the fees.
- Pass the written and driving test.
- Application will be approved if you have passed the tests.
- Driver license will be issued.
All documents must be original.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of address (utility bill, rental agreements)
Office Locations & Contacts
Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority
Kissy Road, Freetown
Tel: +232 76 954 803
Toll Free: 2244 (Emergency/Enquiries)
Mondays until Fridays
8:00am – 5:30pm
email@example.comAds by Google
- The applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
- All new applicants must complete the required written, vision and skills test administered by the Sierra Leone State Police before obtaining a license.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the driver license application form.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, a School Compliance Verification form from the student’s school district must be presented.
Sierra Leonean driver’s license is valid for 5 years.
- New drivers must pass a vision, written and skills test to be issued a driver license.
- No tests are required for persons transferring to Sierra Leone. with valid driving privileges, except persons transferring from foreign countries.
- No testing is required for persons suspended less than one year.
- Eye and written tests are required for drivers suspended for more than one year.
- Any driver suspended or expired for more than five (5) years will start as a new driver.
- All driver testing is performed by the Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority Officer on scheduled days at Sierra Leone Road Safety Authority office.
- Applicants full legal name.
- Applicants date of birth.
- Applicants Social Security number.
- Proof of the applicants Sierra Leone residency
Need for the Document
A driver’s license is an official document allowing an individual to operate one or more types of vehicle. Following are the procedures on how to apply for a driver license in Sierra Leone.