The Rwandan passport is issued Rwandan citizens for international travel. Rwanda started issuing East African Community Biometric Passport also known as E-Passport in June 2019 replacing the old ones that will only stay valid until June 2021, The new passports are valid for five years and ten years. Ordinary, service, and diplomatic passports are issued.
Applications are made through Irembo site,
As of 1 January 2017, Rwandan citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 51 countries and territories, ranking the Rwandan passport 85th in terms of travel freedom (tied with Bhutanese, Chadian, Chinese and Malian passports) according to the Henley visa restrictions index
- Fill in the application form in capital letters.
- Submit application form along with all the required documents.
- Pay the necessary fee.
- Filled in application form.
- Application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration
- Receipt of 50,000Rwf paid in RRA
- One recently taken clear coloured passport size photo with white background
Office Locations & Contacts
Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration
P.O. Box 6229, Kigali
Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / +250 78 889 9971
Fax +250 0252585292
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com |firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries Form: https://www.migration.gov.rw/contact-us/general-inquiries/
FOR SERVICE AND DIPLOMATIC PASSPORTS
UMULISA Marie Rose:
Mobile phone: 07 88 85 10 40 or 0788152222,
E-mail : email@example.com;
WHEN A CLIENT IS NOT OFFERED SERVICE IN DUE TIME, HE/SHE MAY CONTACT
The Director of Citizen Services Mr. RUSANGANWA Damascne on:
mobile phone : 07 88 51 39 09,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgAds by Google
- High Officials are eligible for diplomatic passports only when they travel on official duties.
Diplomatic Passport Fee of 50,000Rwf paid in RRA