Steps of Application
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- To apply online, visit the home page of Kenyan Immigration ; http://www.immigration.go.ke/index.html.
- Follow the instructions.
- Complete the application form.
- Payment can be done after your application. It is done electronically.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (USPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from SW Global LLC.
- To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://www.immigration.go.ke/index.html enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD
The Payment Confirmation Slip will contain an interview date, every applicant must attend and bring this document in person on the given interview date between 10am 1pm (Monday-Friday). .Ads by Google
- Guarantor’s form duly signed by a commissioner of oaths plus
- Photocopy of (a) Data page of guarantor’s passport and
- Photocopy of National identity card
- Drivers License
- Father’s Letter of content for minors under 16years (Mother’s letter of consent in case of deceased father)
- Marriage Certificate where applicable
- Husband’s consent letter or Letter of introduction for employee of government or corporate organization
- Court affidavit and police report in case of lost passport.
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration
- Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence
- One(1) passport photograph
- Acknowledgement slip and receipt of payment .
Office Locations & Contacts
PHYSICAL IMMIGRATION COUNTER
On the Ground Floor
North Wing ,Nyayo House
P.O.Box 30191, Nairobi.
Tel +254- 20-2222022Mombasa Regional Office
Coast, (Pc’s Office Building)
P.O.BOX 908284, Mombasa
Fax 041-2222585Kisumu Regional Office Western
New Provincial Headquarters,Kisumu
P.O.BOX 1128-40100, Kisumu Tel 057-2024935 & 2025438
Mobile 0700596071Eldoret Sub-Regional office
Public Works Building
P.O.BOX 6725 Eldoret
Fax 05363973Garissa – Eastern Regional Offices
Telefax 0462102140Embu – Eastern Regional Offices
P.O.BOX 1260,EmbuNakuru – South Rift Regional Offices
P.O.BOXKenya Embassy Washington
2249 R Street,N.W.Washinton D.C 20008 U.S.A
Website : http://www.kenyaembassy.comKenya High Commision London
45 Portland place London WIBISIAS
website : http://www.kenyahighcommission.netAds by Google
All Kenyan by birth, naturalization and registration are eligible to apply for a Biometric- passport.
The fee for Kenyan Passport is $65.00 (SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS)
All Biometric Kenyan passports have a life span of 10 years and has an initial validity of 5 years
Processing take 30 working days
A Kenyan is not allowed to hold two a multiple standard passport
1 .Full name and address of applicant
2.Place and date of birth
3.Sex of applicant
4.Details of duties assigned to the applicant
5.Date of commencement of duties
6.Duration of appointment
7.Expiration of appointment
8.Foreign country in which the applicant shall be carrying out the assigned dutiesAds by Google
Need for the Document
An ePassport is also known as a biometric passport. It looks like a traditional passport book, but it contains an electronic chip that is encoded with the same information. The chip holds the same information that is printed on the passport’s data page: the holder’s name, date of birth, and other biographic information. An e-Passport also contains a biometric identifier. The Kenyan Government requires that the chip contain a digital photograph of the holder. All e-Passports issued by Visa Migration department in different countries and the United States have security features to prevent the unauthorized reading or “skimming” of data stored on the e-Passport chip.