The East Africa Tourist Visa is a single entry visa for foreigners visiting Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda simultaneously. … A tourist who gets the East Africa Tourist Visa must start travel from the country that has issued the Visa.
1. An application for an East Africa Tourist Visa may be made manually or online by submitting EATV Form 1.
2. The application may be made prior to the intended date of travel or on arrival at the first port or entry into Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda where applicable. Applications can also be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
Kenya: For those beginning their trip to Kenya, you can find information on the visa application process on the consular section of your local Kenya embassy’s website.
Rwanda: For those beginning their trip in Rwanda, you can apply through the Rwanda Online Visa Application System. Under “Type of Visa” select “East Africa Tourist Visa.” For more information, contact your local Rwanda Embassy.
Uganda: For those beginning their trip in Uganda, you can find information on the visa application process on the consular section of your local Uganda Embassy’s website.
3. Every application for an East Africa Tourist Visa shall be accompanied with the East Africa Tourist Visa fee of one hundred United States Dollars (100 USD) or it’s equivalent.
Dependents: All persons must apply in their own right.
Travel document: Any genuine acceptable travel document valid not less than 6 months.
Visa Fees: 100 USD or its equivalent.
The validity of Visa: 90 days from the date of issue.
Work or No Work: Work is not permitted
Visa Extension: An East Africa Tourist Visa shall not be extended.
Multi-entry/ Single entry: The Visa is a single entry Visa, but it is multiple entries within the Partner states only. It elapses when one moves out of the Partner States.
1. One clear colored passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps, and scarf; (the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable).
2. A complete filled application form.
3. Visa application letter addressed to the issuing authority of the concerned country.
Special consideration has been given to expatriates (foreign residents) residing in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. They no longer need a visa to visit any of the three countries. They can now obtain an Inter-State Pass which is valid for 6 months.
In addition to the requirements listed above for the East Africa Tourist Visa, the expatriates will require a valid resident/ work permit.
Nationals of three countries
Kenyans, Rwandans, and Ugandans use Identity Cards as travel documents within the region. The use of National Identity cards went into effect on 1 January 2014. The decision enables citizens of one country to spend up to six months in the two other countries using only their National Identification (ID) cards.
Students who are nationals of Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda can use their Students Identification Cards(IDs) to travel to any of the three countries.