This permit is issued to a person who has been granted refugee status in Kenya in accordance with the refugee law of Kenya and any spouse of such a refugee who intends to take up employment or engage in a specific occupation, trade, business or profession. The permit is Known as Class M: Refugees
- The first step is to register with the Kenya electronic Foreign Nationals Services (eFNS) portal through the following link eFNS Online Platform.
- Click on create account then click on the Create an Account to register.
- You will need to fill in your personal information so to register for an eFNS account For Kenyan citizens, you will need your national ID number while foreigners residing in Kenya will need your foreigner certificate. If you do not have national ID or foreigner certificate, select other and use passport details to register.
- Once you have registered you will then need to login to your eFNS account and under the Submit application tab click on Submit new applications.
- This will direct you to the next page where you should make your next selection. Under the Permit and Passes Service Section, click on the Apply Now link in the Permit Issuance/ Renewal Tab.
- This will direct you to next page; here you should read the instructions carefully; and click on the Learn More button under the Class M: Refugees (KEP/M) Tab
- This will direct you to next page; where you are to read the instructions carefully, make sure you have all the requirements to make the application and then click on the Apply Now button which will direct you to the online application form.
- Fill in the online application form with all the required details and upload supporting documents. These details include:-
(i). Application type (new application or renewal)
(ii). Full names
(iii). Marital status
(v). Passport ( number, date of issue, expiry date )
(vi). Date and place of birth
(vii). Nationality (at birth, present)
(viii). Country of residence
(ix). Contact information ( phone number, postal address, physical address )
(x). Current immigration status
(xi). Upload Passport photo.
(xii). Gratis status (All citizens of the East Africa Community (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi) can attach their valid passport as evidence.)
Then click on save
- This will lead you to the next page where you are supposed to:-
(a). Give details of every dependant you have
(b). List permits that you have previously held
(c). List previous applications which have been declined
After Filling the required details accordingly, click proceed button at the bottom left of this page for the next step.
- This will lead you to the next page (PART II of Form 25) which is to be completed in respect to the employment to be undertaken. The information include:-
(i). Name of Employer
(ii). Postal Address
(iii). State profession/Business
(iv). Place of Employment
(v). Job Title
(vi). Job description
(vii). Name of Employer
(viii). Postal Address
(ix). State profession/Business
(x). Place of Employment
(xi). Job Title
(xii). Job description
(xiii). State steps you are going to take during validity of the permit to engage a Kenya trainee
(xiv). If this application is approved will the proposed employee be instrumental in training Kenya Citizen
(xv). Attach (Upload)
- This will direct you to the next page where you are supposed to give details regarding
(a). Academic Qualifications(Give full details and attach certificates and testimonials)
(b). Technical qualifications
(c). Previous Work Experience (Attach Evidence)
(d). What steps have you taken to confirm that the skills/qualifications sought are not available locally (Give full details and evidence)
(e). If you have a Kenyan citizen you are training for this post, indicate the following(Attach employment contract)
Make sure you fill all the required details in this form then click Proceed to complete registration.
- You will be directed to the next page where you can print your application form and present it to the Immigration Headquarters Offices in Nyayo House Nairobi or their regional offices for processing.
Make sure you present all the required documents to the immigration offices.
- You shall receive automatic notifications via email and on your online account about the progress of your application.
- Upon approval of your application you will receive notification on how to collect your permit through your eFNS account.
- This application is issued free of charge.
Ads by Google
- Duly filled and signed Form 25 online form.
- Two copies of detailed and signed cover letter from the employer / organization, addressed to the Director of Immigration Services
- Copy of a valid national passport
- Two(2) recent passport size colored photos (for both new and renewal)
- Current Immigration status if in the country
- Recognition letters from UNHCR and Department of Refugee Affairs.
- Recommendation letter from the Department of Refugee Affairs
- Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Immigration Services
Passport Section Ground Floor,
Kenyatta Avenue/ Uhuru Highway
P.O. Box 30191, 00100 Nairobi.
Tel: +254-20-2222022, +254-20-2217544, +254-20-2218833
Website: Department of Immigration Website
Mombasa-Immigration Department Office
PC’s Office Building
Kisumu-Immigration Department Office
New Provincial Headquarters
- electronic Foreign Nationals Services (eFNS) Kenya portal
Ads by Google
- The applicant should have been granted refugee status in Kenya in accordance with the refugee law of Kenya and any spouse of such a refugee who intends to take up employment or engage in a specific occupation, trade, business or profession.
- Processing fee is free of charge
- Issuance fee is free of charge
- Applications for renewal of permits should be done three months prior to expiry date.
- The validity period one year.
Documents to Use
- Applications are done online though the Kenya electronic Foreign Nationals Services (eFNS) portal