National Identity Cards play an important role in the security, social economic … political development of the country through identification of Kenya citizens, … There are four categories of applications for identity cards, namely:.
Report at the ID application office at the district headquarters with a birth certificate and your parents identity document.
- Have the documents verified and fill the National Identity Application form.
- Take the form to your area chief for verification that indeed you are from that area and return the form to the registration office once its signed by the area chief.
- At the registration office, your finger prints and passport size photos are taken to be used in the processing of the National Identity Card.
- After the application, you are provided with a waiting Card as the National Identity Card is being processed. This can take up to 2 months, depending on the workload in the ID processing department. You are also advised on when to check back.
- Birth certificate or baptism certificate
- Parents identity card
- Two passport size photos
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Registration Department
P.O Box 49179-00100
Nyayo House, 4th Floor
Ads by Google
To be eligible for to apply for a national Identity Card you must be a Kenyan citizen and you must aged 18 years and above.
No fees charged
The identity card is valid for a life time, and is only considered invalid after someones death or when on e acquires another countrys nationality. This only applies to individuals born in Kenya, for foreigners, it is only valid when one is still countrys citizen (Kenya)
- As an applicant, you are required to visit the nearest district Commissioners or assistant chiefs office, preferably in the district of birth.
- You are required to provide documents that prove you are 18 years and above.
- You are also required to provide basic information about yourself, your parents and where you come from.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Parents name
- Where you come from(location)
Ads by Google
Need for the Document
Persons aged 18 years and above in Kenya are legally required to be in possession of a National Identity Card. The process of applying for a National Identity Card in Kenya is conducted by the person intending to acquire the document.
Information which might help
Inquiries should be made if the applicant lacks some required documents
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Apart from identifying one as a Kenyan Citizen, a national Identity Card is required to secure a place in College and in place of employment.
Civil Registration Department (Kenya) http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2307076/posts Ministry of Interior & Co-ordination of National Government