Egypt’s coast culminating in recent years in the widespread use of hundreds of kilometres … to control, track and follow up on the legality of bird hunting permits.
With open area hunting permits you can apply online or at your local office, you can hunt certain species and you may have to follow special conditions.
Hunting and gathering of wild animals has always been and continues to be an important aspect of life in Nigerian societies.
In the past, hunting provided the main source of animal protein and professional hunters occupied a highly respected position in the society. Even in modern day Africa, some groups such as the Bushmen in southern Africa depend almost entirely on hunting and gathering to obtain essential protein and cash income, while many other groups supplement their livelihood considerably by hunting.
Below are procedures for obtaining a permit for hunting in Egypt.
Accordingly, A foreigner wishing to apply for a hunting permit in Egypt shall submit his or her application at least six months before the date of beginning of the hunt according to government rules of procedure .
- And an advance paid of 40% of the fees on the animals intended for hunting.
- All the requested documents like passport , hunting licence, rifle details, shall be prepared and delivered to the organizer.
- Every hunter must have his shotguns with him and there is no rentals in Egypt.
The hunting guest on arrival at the Airport is required to complete customs-clearing procedures regarding the hunting equipment Details. Then he/she (the hunter) will be transferred to the hunting area. All hunters may remain in the hunting area only for as long as necessary, as pre-agreed, to hunt a given species . As per an internationally accepted hunting rule, the hunter is required to pay for all the hunting days planned, irrespective of the amount of days necessary to get the prey or achieve hunting success .
At the end of the agreed hunting period, the guest will be transferred to the hotel, irrespective of the success obtained . As guarantor, staff shall accompany the hunter to trusted taxidermists in order for the /guest /client to arrange all the details for successful trophy shipping to its final destination.
Any shipping detail must be decided before leaving the country.
Hunters can bring one gun calibre 12/16/20.The Egyptian Authorities allow each hunter to have 500 Cartridges only during his trip.
Hunters can export up to 100 pieces of game per person. Before departure, the you will needs to ascertain the authorization to import the species intended for hunting.
Accordingly to Egyptian Hunting rules and regulation, hunting license is categorized different ways you can apply for.Ads by Google
- Copy of the passport
- Particular details including the hunter name, date of birth, type of gun and gun number 21 days before arrival.
- The exact date of arrival and departure and flight details.
- The nationality of the hunter.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Tourism
Mr Hisham Zaazou img
Address Cairo International Conference, Nasr City, Cairo
Phone no. 22611732
Website http://www.tourism.gov.egMinistry of Manpower and Immigration
DR. Nahed ElAshry img
Address 3 Youssief Abaas St Nasr City Cairo
Phone no. 22609366 – 22609368 – 22618019
Website http://www.manpower.gov.egMinistry of Foreign Affairs
Mr. Nabil Fahmy img
Address Masbero-Kornish El Nile St.Cairo
Phone no. 25749817
Website http://www.mfa.gov.eg .Ads by Google
- All Foreigners and Resident of Ethiopia with a hunting pass or license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa before securing a hunting permit in Egypt.
The price ranges from the minimum of 100 USD for any animal hunted.
The hunting plan varies depending on the selected species, which will in turn determine the choice of the hunting area and how uncomfortable this is to reach. A very detailed table exists , which is applicable as a frame of reference during the planning phase as indicated above in the procedure.
- Hunting of single species on plain land generally last at least 21 days.
- Hunting of Lions and Leopards on plain land usually takes 21 days
- Mountain- hunting of Mountain and other Mountain species requires 21days.
- Mountain – and Plain- land Hunting of Mountain and other plain -land species takes 24 days.
- Plain land – and mountain hunting of Mountain, Lions and Leopards requires 30days.
- The person applying for hunting permit in Egypt must apply in Person.
- The applicant must apply for gun owner’s license in Egypt before involving in a hunting process.
- The applicant must obtain a hunting pass.
- The hunting licence,
- The hunting equipment
- Information on special safari vehicles,
- The deluxe tents,
- Information on foods and drinks while in Hunting
- The transports and transfers during the hunting period,
- Information on reception services at arrival and departure at Cairo Airport as well as all taxes for the Government explorers going with the hunters group.
- Packing and shipment of the trophies. .
Need for the Document
Hunting in Egypt provides a lot of different things to the Egyptians. It isn’t just meat and skins, but a chance to prove ones prowess and enjoy the camaraderie of friends on the hunt. It may sound anusual but there are still hunters today in Egypt. Some rural dwellers depend on it as a source of income while some other well-to-do individuals just do it as a sort of recreational activity. Whichever it is, the hunter needs to secure a permit for the firearm he is going to be using for such activity.
To go for hunting on public conservation land in Egypt you will need a hunting permit.
Each person within a hunting party must have a separate permit, whether hunting with a firearm, bow or knife. Permits cannot be transferred to, or be used by, anyone else in Egypt.
Egypt has put in place legal and institutional frameworks to protect both Wild animals and bird species from genetic extinction through enactment of municipal laws on the environment, wild animals, sea fisheries, forestry, pollution, national parks and environmental impact assessment agencies.