Kenya – Apply for a Bookmaker License
Required Documents Completed Form 1A. Local authority recommendation. Submission of audited accounts and tax compliance certificates from KRA. Submission of bank guarantee of Kshs. 100,000, report of compliance with the law.
A person who desires to obtain makes application to the Board in the form and manner prescribed.
The Board investigates or requires the submission of declaration or further information as it may deem necessary in order to enable it to examine the application.
After making investigations and considering any information or declaration as may have been required, the Board grants a license or refuses a license thereof without reason given.Ads by Google
- Completed Form 1A
- Local authority recommendation
- Submission of audited accounts and tax compliance certificates from KRA.
- Submission of bank guarantee of Kshs. 100,000, report of compliance with the law
Office Locations & Contacts
Betting Control and Licensing
Physical Address: Kenya Charity Sweepstake House,3rd and 8th Floor Mama Ngina Street
Postal Address: P.O. Box 30478 – 00100 Nairobi Kenya
City: Nairobi City County
Tel: +254 (020) 2220186, 316471,343578,9
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating Hours: 8.00am to 1.00pm 2.00pm to 5.00pmAds by Google
- Meet requirements
- Due diligence investigations
- Board’s policy i.e. general moratorium
- Application Fee: Kshs. 10,000/=
- License Fee: Kshs. 100,000/=
Documents to Use
- Completion of Form 1A
- Investigation by the Board to determine suitability of applicant and Premises(s)
- Local authority recommendation
- Investigation fees
- Full name and address of the applicant
- Name under which business will be conducted
- Full names and addresses of all partners, directors and secretary of a body corporate, managers, if any
- Principal place of business
- Distance between principal place and nearest premises licensed for sale and consumption of liquor
- Previous engagement in the bookmaking business
- Expected amount of the gross turnover for the first twelve months
Ads by Google
Need for the Document
A bookmaker means a person who, whether on his own account or as servant or agent to another person, carries on, whether occasionally or regularly, the business of receiving or negotiating bets, or who in any manner holds himself out, or permits himself to be held out in any manner, as a person who receives or negotiates bets.
Information which might help
A person who knowingly makes a false statement or declaration in an application for a license or is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding five thousand shillings or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
No license is issued under the Betting, Lotteries And Gaming Act unless and until the Board has satisfied itself that the applicant is a fit and proper person to hold the license and that the premises, if any, in respect of which the application is made are suitable for the purpose.
No license is issued under the Betting, Lotteries and Gaming Act unless the Board has sent a copy of the application for the license to the local authority within whose area of jurisdiction the applicant proposes to conduct his business and has given the local authority reasonable opportunity to object to, or make recommendations with respect to, the application.