A student loan is a type of loan designed to help students pay for post-secondary education and the associated fees, such as tuition, books and supplies, and living expenses. It may differ from other types of loans in the fact that the interest rate may be substantially lower and the repayment schedule may be deferred while the student is still in school. It also differs in many countries in the strict laws regulating renegotiating and bankruptcy. This article highlights the differences of the student loan system in several major countries. Helb Loan Account Registration The hunt for Higher Education Loans Board financing is increasingly intensifying even as thousands of students prepare for the oncoming intake. While some learners experience little to no problems navigating the HELB portal, some are finding it difficult to start in the first place. Stay informed on how to go about the Higher Education Loans Board registration and activation process to safeguard the validity of your academic dreams.
Here is a simple guide on how to register on Helb loan portal. The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) issues loans and bursaries to students who would like to further their education in public universities.
In order for a student to apply for HELB loan and bursary, they are first required to register on the Helb loan portal.
Before registering, please ensure that you have the following: National ID number, phone number that is working and a valid email address.
How Do I Register on Helb Loan Portal?
1. On your browser open https://portal.helb.co.ke/auth/register/applicants
2. Enter your National ID number and first name as it appears on the ID.
3. Click on validate. You will see a notification message tell you that your ID number has been found.
4. Proceed and fill the form below in order to complete the registration. Enter your phone number, validate your email address, confirm your email address, enter your password and confirm.
5. Click on the sign up button. You will receive a text message with your HELB portal verification code.
6. A message will also be sent to your email by HELB tell you that your account has been created and that you need to activate it. Click on the activation link.
7. A new tab will open telling you to login to the HELB loan portal. Proceed and do as you have been advised.
8. Enter your HELB portal verification code and click on the proceed button.
9. You will now be logged in to the HELB online portal.
We hope that this simple guide on how to register on Helb loan portal has been of great help to you.