Enter your ID number as the account number. After paying the registration fees ,now you’re allowed to check your CRB status. You can choose to dial *433# and enter PIN and you’ll get your listing status through an SMS. You can choose to use the metropol Crystobol app.Login and view you CRB status. CRB
Below is a simple guide on how to check your CRB status online in Kenya. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) is known for blacklisting borrowers who have defaulted their loans.
Once you’ve been blacklisted by CRB, you cannot borrow from any lender, microfinance institutions or banks. However, worry not because today, we are going to share with you a detailed procedure on how to check CRB status online in Kenya with accredited institutions like Creditinfo, Transunion and Metropol.
1. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With Metropol
- On your cellphone dial *433#
- Metropol will send you a text advising you to pay Ksh. 100 so that they can be able to furnish you with your credit report every year.
- In order to pay the registration fee, go to your Mpesa menu and select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Choose Pay Bill and enter Metropol paybill number 220388 on the business number section.
- Enter your ID number on the account number section.
- Enter Ksh. 100 as the amount, followed by your Mpesa PIN number and click send.
- Metropol will send you a message that will have your login details.
2. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With Transunion
- On your mobile phone, go to compose message
- Enter your full names and send the short message to 21272
- Enter your national ID number
- Select CC which stands for Credit Status
- Your CRB status will be sent to you after a few minutes
3. How to Check Your CRB Status Online in Kenya With CreditInfo
CreditInfo avails credit report to anyone who wants to check their CRB status for free every year.
However, if you want to access the report before 12 months elapses, they will charge you a fee of Ksh. 350. This applies after you’ve accessed your first free CRB report.
- To access your CRB credit report go to https://ke.creditinfo.com/credit-report-requests/
- Fill in your full names
- Fill in your national ID number
- Fill in your phone number
- Fill in your email and confirm if it’s correct
- Fill in your residential address
- Upload a scanned copy of your National ID
- Give a valid reason why you are applying for a credit report and submit your application
I hope that this simple guide on how to check your CRB status online in Kenya has been of great help to you.