You can file your Individual Income Tax Returns for a particular year of … a payment slip and present it at any of the appointed KRA banks to pay the tax due.
- For the manual process, you will visit KRA offices and ask for directions on the department that deals with Tax Returns, submit your documents and wait for clearance.
- If you intend to file your tax returns online, you will go through the following process
- Access the KRA portal
- Select the link to Tax return processing and login in
- Note that the body of the return has different parts specifying different sources of income
- Try to read the help pages provided at the site to correctly understand how to proceed to different sections.
- Select the appropriate source
- Click on DRP to view a detailed report and put in your financial statement and click on calculate
- Form P9A from Employer
- The Employers PIN
- Financial Statements for all income
- Mortgage Interest Certificate and PIN of lender
- Insurance Premium Certificate
- Withholding Tax Certificates
- Any other income related documents
Office Locations & Contacts
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Times Tower, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O Box 30742 00100, GPO,
Ads by Google
Salaried and income generating citizens
Few minutes for the online option
Time varies depending on workload for the manual process
- You can either file your tax returns at KRA offices or through their online portal.
- Both processes require you to prepare necessary documentation
- Employer information
- Employers PIN
- Financial Statements
- Insurance Premium Certificate/ PIN of Underwriter/Mortgage interest certificate
- Withholding tax certificates
- Any other documents relating to income you received or deductions to be claimed.
Need for the Document
All salaried citizens in Kenya are required to pay tax and this is ascertained by the Kenya Revenue Authority through filing of Tax Returns. The process of filing Tax Returns can be conducted both manually and online.
Information which might help
Get assistance from employer or contact KRA for clarification of things you do not understand
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Used by lenders and government agencies to verify tax compliance
User Guide for filling Individual Tax Returns Online